There was always something off about naming Fagnano the starter... | The Boneyard

There was always something off about naming Fagnano the starter...

Reaction Score
The media pretty much unanimously expected the starter to be Roberson. Mora/The Staff kept changing which day they made the announcement. There have been some rumblings that the selection of Fagnano was not popular in the locker room.

I want to know what really happened here.

Reaction Score
In retrospect, he said all three QBs were hurt so he could pick a starter with no pressure.

It’s like Berhalter and Reyna during the World Cup. Greggg invented some phantom injury or overstated it to cover up his tracks.

Reaction Score
The media pretty much unanimously expected the starter to be Roberson. Mora/The Staff kept changing which day they made the announcement. There have been some rumblings that the selection of Fagnano was not popular in the locker room.

No one changed the day. Arruda messed up with his tweets(shocking)

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
But he knows the run it twice and see if you can get lucky and convert on 3rd and 15 offense better than the others.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You should write daytime soaps. Is is possible to pick correctly from 3 poor options?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was never outright said but Roberson was hurt week 1
I've heard that said here a few times, but now people seem to be backing off a little bit. I wonder if it was just an assumption on their part.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
People are going to need to fill me in as I was unable to watch last night, cringed a few times when every update had us further behind, and ended up paying attention to the event I was stuck attending.

One thing I did see was we moved the ball early a few times but shot ourselves in the foot. I also read that Fagnano got hut and Roberson took over but was ineffective.

Have we seen anything to lead us to believe one is better than the in physical condition each was in when the game started last night?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think if he was hurt week 1 he would have started week 2.
Well, I'll be curious to see what he can do next week with starters reps.

Reaction Score
People are going to need to fill me in as I was unable to watch last night, cringed a few times when every update had us further behind, and ended up paying attention to the event I was stuck attending.

One thing I did see was we moved the ball early a few times but shot ourselves in the foot. I also read that Fagnano got hut and Roberson took over but was ineffective.

Have we seen anything to lead us to believe one is better than the in physical condition each was in when the game started last night?
I also missed it for a business event. We clearly got lucky, even though we didn’t see it that way entering the evening. Don’t know that I will be able to make myself watch the replay.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I also missed it for a business event. We clearly got lucky, even though we didn’t see it that way entering the evening. Don’t know that I will be able to make myself watch the replay.
Up until last night I was expecting to watch the replay as quickly as possible. From the time I got home last night, the question has been am I willing to put myself through it.

Reaction Score
Don't watch the replay unless you are a glutton for punishment or if you are out of ipecac and need to induce vomiting.
Yeah, I doubt I’ll be able to make myself spend the time.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I doubt I’ll be able to make myself spend the time.
Think of the worst possible performance by a UConn team in the last decade and that is what you missed. UConn was the worst team of any televised game yesterday, and I watched a lot of them. If they continue like yesterday, it will be a winless season.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Think of the worst possible performance by a UConn team in the last decade and that is what you missed. UConn was the worst team of any televised game yesterday, and I watched a lot of them. If they continue like yesterday, it will be a winless season.

More recency biased hyperbole. We've played wayyyyyy worse. The difference here is that we were told this team improved over last season and a 10 pt loss to a legit P5 program seemed to support that pledge.

Lucy yanking the football out from the fanbase, for what the....fifteenth time, has everyone on the ledge.

Reaction Score

I could just sense that there was something wrong with the team. It was worse at the Georgia State game than the NC State game. The team just did not seem as if they gave a crap hense they played like crap.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sadly you are correct IMHO.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I could just sense that there was something wrong with the team. It was worse at the Georgia State game than the NC State game. The team just did not seem as if they gave a crap he se they played like crap.
Can't speak of the Georgia St game but if you believe there was some lack of passion, emotion, whatever against NC St, you saw a different game than I did.

Reaction Score
Can't speak of the Georgia St game but if you believe there was some lack of passion, emotion, whatever against NC St, you saw a different game than I did.
I still have the NC State game recorded I think I will watch the first and 4th quarter again. I am not a negative person when it comes to UConn sports I hope I am wrong about this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom