There is no reason to play Gaff and Polley | The Boneyard

There is no reason to play Gaff and Polley

Reaction Score
I said this in one of the many after the game post

"Does anyone know if Polley and Gaffney will ever play again this year? I have not seen them in a while"

Reaction Score
I said this in one of the many after the game post

"Does anyone know if Polley and Gaffney will ever play again this year? I have not seen them in a while"
Don’t think your sarcasm came through in the original post

Reaction Score
I think Hurley is just wrong about Polley. He has talked about trying to get him more minutes and working up a sweat before he shoots his first three. I think Hurley believes that Polley needs to be in the rhythm of the game in order to play well.

I don't agree. I think he's a dude that just has it or doesn't. Throw him in when you need some offense, give him a few minutes. If the threes are going down then keep him in. Otherwise nail him to the bench and play someone else.

Reaction Score
We win when Polley plays well.
Sure, but he hasn’t played well most games. If he’s hot, ride the hot hand. He just doesn’t have enough other intangibles (defense, rebounding, ability to get to the basket) to be playing if he isn’t knocking down 3s. Hawkins has way more upside with his ability to get to the rack. Gotta let him get more minutes if Polley isn’t knocking down 3s.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Enough is enough…Akok at least blocked shots and got rebounds in his minutes and got benched. Polley got outmuscled, outhustled, beat off the dribble, and through up too many bricks. And Diggins had as much of an impact on the game as Gaff=actually playing. Hurley has to tune it up. Bad in game management Again. Love his passion, but damn.

Reaction Score
If it hasn’t happened for Gaffney by now it’s not going too. He’s the same player he was when he stepped on to campus. He offers very little offensively and defensively. His getting beat baseline by Durham down 2 to put them up 4, then taking the ball up court and wasting 20 seconds off the shot clock with 40 seconds left looking completely clueless is his game in a nutshell. He ain’t the guy and Hawkins needs to get all his minutes going forward.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I will say Polley offers more than Gaffney so he should get more minutes but only if needed

Reaction Score
Polley gives us literally nothing aside from outside shooting. If he's not giving that, his minutes have to go to Hawkins or even Akok (yes, different positions, it works itself out).

Reaction Score
I don’t understand why Akok is benched when teams avoid the lane with him in. He also can hit the three
Akok's problem is he doesn't have a role on offense.

He's too skinny to be a post-up guy.

He doesn't have the handle to take anyone, even bigs, off the dribble.

He can shoot 3's, but you wouldn't hunt shots for him off of screens like we do for Polley (though to be honest I feel like this is part of the problem for Polley, a lot of his attempts are forced, while moving, and 3-4 feet behind the line).

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Hawkins deserves all his minutes

I'm fine giving Hawkins their minutes, but can we be honest: so far he has wilted when the lights are bright. She shoots like he hopes it goes in, amd dribbles like he hopes someone doesn't take it. He needs a lot of work on fundamentals.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Akok's problem is he doesn't have a role on offense.

He's too skinny to be a post-up guy.

He doesn't have the handle to take anyone, even bigs, off the dribble.

He can shoot 3's, but you wouldn't hunt shots for him off of screens like we do for Polley (though to be honest I feel like this is part of the problem for Polley, a lot of his attempts are forced, while moving, and 3-4 feet behind the line).
Neither does Whaley. Akok is needed on defense and offensive rebounding. Occasionally he’ll hit the three and can even his a turn around jumper. This is his second playing year. He’s not a fifth year limited senior For him to get better he has to play

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom