There is life beyond FBS. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

There is life beyond FBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Football on a nice fall day - not much better. I have enjoyed all levels of football games, hit up a trinity or Wesleyan game usually once a year.

Reaction Score
Awesome game with lots of history. Saw Hobart College game in Geneva. Those kids can play. Size, speed and skill.

That school has great athletics. When they were DIII lacrosse they won like a million championships in a row before moving up to DI.

Reaction Score
I attended a Division II game yesterday. #22 Henderson State University (9-1) at #4 Ouachita Baptist University (10-0) in Arkansas. This is the NCAA’s closest rivalry ... the two schools are right across the street from each other. Their all-time record was 43-43-6 before yesterday.

It was sunny and 55 degrees. The smell of barbecue was everywhere. “Cliff Harris Stadium” (named after the Ouachita alum and former Dallas Cowboy) holds 6,500. The stadium was filled to capacity and they had an extra 1,000 people on the grass hills behind both end zones.

Henderson scored with a minute and a half left, to go up 21-17. Then Ouachita scored with 30 seconds left, to win 24-21. The quality of play was very good, with the exception of a few dropped passes by the Ouachita receivers.

Very few people outside of Arkansas would care about this game. But for the players, students, alums, and administrations, it meant everything. People had fun. For one day, it was refreshing to see college football as it was meant to be.

I’m not suggesting this game has any relevance to UConn. I’m just providing you with my college football experience this weekend.

If I want to see D2 football, I'd watch SCSU or New Haven!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom