There is just no way he should coach next week | The Boneyard

There is just no way he should coach next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree 100%. Not one more game. At minimum, he needs to be pulled off the sidelines and put on ice until he is formally let go in January. A search needs to start tonight.

Reaction Score
Never mind tonight or next week, Benedict should have been standing at the door of the team bus, and not allowed him to leave the stadium with the team.

Furthermore, every player should have been told by Benedict directly as they stepped on the team bus, the calendar date that scholarships are up for renewal.

Reaction Score
The players efforts have been wasted under this coach. They are the collateral damage. January. Inaction will cost us more than letting him continue. Other Coaches understand this is unacceptable. The program is at risk.

Reaction Score
He's the Dom Perno of Uconn football. Nice guy who can't head coach a lick

Reaction Score
So, when Herman goes to LSU, USC or some other big job Fleck would take the UConn job over Houston?

No. We need to fire him after new year's to save almost 2 million. Then hire Fleck or Toledo's coach.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
So, when Herman goes to LSU, USC or some other big job Fleck would take the UConn job over Houston?
No, that's why I included Candle (Toledo) as a backup plan.

Reaction Score
The second he won the toss and decided to take the ball I knew we were on for another 60 minutes of Diaco craziness
I was hoping for at least five minutes I could be free of his absurdity
Nopr

Reaction Score
Dom Perno was much better. Diaco is the worst coach in college football.

Thanks hound that's not a very nice thing to do to Dom. Hey I was a supporter, even tried to hang in after 3 games but he is downright embarrassing at this point and not at all capable of being a HC.

NEXT

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Let him coach the "Cheer Squad" until January

win win

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Pull a Kiffen and not let him back on the bus!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The problem with waiting until Jan 2 is that the candidate pool will be diminished by the time we get there. If we have even the slightest glimmer of a chance of hiring a PJ Fleck type of coach, I would think that we would need to get out in the front of the P5's that surely want to hire him too. Give us a chance to recruit ourselves to him while putting together the type of money necessary to lure him and a good staff.

Reaction Score
just the little smidge of pragmatism here ...

Nobody around to write the check we want to get this done. O ... and I really don't care about the candidate pool, there are plenty of guys that would step in and improve this.

Reaction Score
Neither of those guys will make a lateral move to the AAC
No. We need to fire him after new year's to save almost 2 million. Then hire Fleck or Toledo's coach.

Reaction Score
It would cost us literally $1.6 million to fire him this week as opposed to January 1. A meaningless game is not worth that.

guys, for the 1,000,000th time, a serious football program does not wait six weeks after the season to fire a coach who obviously should be fired. Just because Herbst/Benedict/Warde got sucked in by a stupid agent's sales job doesn't mean you double down on the mistake by waiting six precious recruiting weeks to save $1.6 million, which, while not insignificant, is small compared to the millions at stake in conference realignment, etc. Plus you unnecessarily leave someone twisting in the wind and as bad as Diaco has coached this year, he doesn't deserve that. Yes, it sucks, and someone needs to hold Herbst and Benedict accountable for entering into a stupid deal, but wait six weeks? Talk about penny-wise and pound foolish.

Reaction Score
I drove home from work about an hour ago and kept thinking Diaco better be fired before I go to bed tonight. It's up the Benedict and friends to figure this out but I never want to see or hear anything related to Diaco unless it's he's gone

Reaction Score
guys, for the 1,000,000th time, a serious football program does not wait six weeks after the season to fire a coach who obviously should be fired. Just because Herbst/Benedict/Warde got sucked in by a stupid agent's sales job doesn't mean you double down on the mistake by waiting six precious recruiting weeks to save $1.6 million, which, while not insignificant, is small compared to the millions at stake in conference realignment, etc. Plus you unnecessarily leave someone twisting in the wind and as bad as Diaco has coached this year, he doesn't deserve that. Yes, it sucks, and someone needs to hold Herbst and Benedict accountable for entering into a stupid deal, but wait six weeks? Talk about penny-wise and pound foolish.

We aren't a serious program and look at the CT state budget & the projections for the future before you pledge $1.6m that doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom