There Are Seven Key Questions In The Kevin Ollie-UConn Dispute Now That The NCAA Has Weighed In (Amore) | The Boneyard

There Are Seven Key Questions In The Kevin Ollie-UConn Dispute Now That The NCAA Has Weighed In (Amore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Well written article. Does this mean getting only two more commits for next season?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that allegation of KO lying to the NCAA will matter to an arbiter given that it wasn't know to UConn at the time of the termination of KO's contract and wasn't listed as a basis for the just cause dismissal.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
All I’m concerned about right now is if UConn is getting sanctioned

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Why did he tag Rebecca Lobo? Weird.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that allegation of KO lying to the NCAA will matter to an arbiter given that it wasn't know to UConn at the time of the termination of KO's contract and wasn't listed as a basis for the just cause dismissal.

How do you know it wasn't known? UCONN might have had an inkling, if not officially.

CL82

Reaction Score
How do you know it wasn't known? UCONN might have had an inkling, if not officially.
We don't know that, I guess, but do know it wasn't listed as a basis for KO's dismissal.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We don't know that, I guess, but do know it wasn't listed as a basis for KO's dismissal.

Fair. I don't think it's listed, because it wasn't their problem in the context of the firing. And the NCAA hadn't come out with it 'officially'.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why did he tag Rebecca Lobo? Weird.

I'm guessing because she works with him at ESPN.

Nothing really new here from Amore, but it's a good summary. KO got really bad advice or ignored good advice in not settling this long ago.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Really? Him lying confirms that the NCAA considers that the lower level violations did occur. Plus, Ollie lying to UConn and failing to report these things was mentioned by UConn as a reason for terminating him. This is very bad for him.

CL82

Reaction Score
Really? Him lying confirms that the NCAA considers that the lower level violations did occur. Plus, Ollie lying to UConn and failing to report these things was mentioned by UConn as a reason for terminating him. This is very bad for him.
Not sure his lying really confirms that they occurred but of course if they didn't occur he wouldn't actually have been lying.

1538520522522.png

(The lack of full disclosure to UConn was mentioned but, IIRC, not lying to the NCAA.)

Reaction Score
Lied to UConn and also lied to the NCAA. Basically he violated some rules then when he got caught he lied to everyone who asked about it.

Reaction Score
... and Dickie V pivots in the post:

UConn Insider Podcast: Dick Vitale Dishes About Kevin Ollie, Dan Hurley, College Hoops — And Everything Else (Oliie discussion @12:47)

>>“It’s an ugly soap opera,” Vitale said. “No question about it; very ugly, sad, really tragic in a way. Here is a guy [Ollie] who was on top of the world, had everything in front of him and allowed it to go — not making good decisions. Things have changed. My tenor has changed after reading the NCAA findings. I now look back and think that maybe [UConn] has been right about the millions they owe him. Why should they give it to someone who has had all these violations if they’re valid and true?”<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
... and Dickie V pivots in the post:

UConn Insider Podcast: Dick Vitale Dishes About Kevin Ollie, Dan Hurley, College Hoops — And Everything Else (Oliie discussion @12:47)

>>“It’s an ugly soap opera,” Vitale said. “No question about it; very ugly, sad, really tragic in a way. Here is a guy [Ollie] who was on top of the world, had everything in front of him and allowed it to go — not making good decisions. Things have changed. My tenor has changed after reading the NCAA findings. I now look back and think that maybe [UConn] has been right about the millions they owe him. Why should they give it to someone who has had all these violations if they’re valid and true?”<<
Dick is late to the party but at least he arrived...I guess. He is the type to claim credit for something that he spent ages denying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom