Theo Tumba - ND Fairfield | The Boneyard

Theo Tumba - ND Fairfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey folks - anybody know anything about this kid? Looks like he's on campus already AND a twitter post I found implies he's "..got a full fide for football..." at UCONN...

link: https://twitter.com/PrimeTime_55/statuses/205068164789321729

This is where we need our boy HuskyFanDan's expertise...

He's gotta be a lineman ( my guess OL ).. I googled him and he played for ex - MLB player now ND Fairfiled Head Football Coach Rico Brogna and weighed in at 275lbs last season. His kid brother was a 6'3 wiry frosh ( his name is Glody Tumba ) at the time.

pj

Reaction Score
He graduated 2012 ... listed 6'3" 287 ... seems like he's already on campus ... will be interesting to see what the roster looks like.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
walk on im pretty sure unless a ship or 2 frees up. he took the kid from norwalks (not hs but semi pro league and cc) spot when he decided to go to Worcester up in ma(d3). the kid from west haven who was going to walk on went up to stonehill so we grabbed a kid from the hartford area to walk on also i think.

Reaction Score
It's a full scholarship. I actually reported this here a couple of months ago> Theo is a real nice kid.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It's a full scholarship. I actually reported this here a couple of months ago> Theo is a real nice kid.

i must have missed that. thanks for the info. interesting that we are still filling ships then between Theo and now AK(hopefully this fall). makes me wonder who else is gone that we don't realize yet. really need uconn to throw out a clean looking and updated roster.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame of Fairfield's Nigel Beckford (sophomore) and Theo Tumba (junior) were ranked as MVPs in their classes at the recent National Underclassmen Football Combine in Hartford. Beckford was the MVP for sophomore running backs, running a 40-yard dash time of 4.50 and Tumba ran a 5.3 40-yard dash time for junior offensive linemen. There were a number of combine tests and drills that both players participated in and came out on top. The pair will both be competing in the National Underclassmen Combune's Ultimate 100 for the East Region at Red Lion Christian Academy in Bear, Del.

So it looks like 6-3, 280, 5.3 for triangle numbers. It also looks like this kid tweets 20+ times a day.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/highschool/article/High-school-notebook-ND-Fairfield-duo-shine-at-1427656.php#ixzz214ZY86AC

Reaction Score
i must have missed that. thanks for the info. interesting that we are still filling ships then between Theo and now AK(hopefully this fall). makes me wonder who else is gone that we don't realize yet. really need uconn to throw out a clean looking and updated roster.

I just did a roster check. Assuming that Cole Wagner is now on scholarship (and I hope to God that's the case) and both Knappe and Tumbo are coming in for this fall, that puts us exactly at 85.

Edit: That count does not include McNeal. So, one of five things.....either McNeal is not coming, someone else has left the program, Wagner is not on scholarship, Knappe will not be here until 2013, or I have completely lost my mind.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
nice job jimmy. so we still have some questions to be answered that could impact our season. i'll take a look around and see whats up also...

Reaction Score
I just did a roster check. Assuming that Cole Wagner is now on scholarship (and I hope to God that's the case) and both Knappe and Tumbo are coming in for this fall, that puts us exactly at 85.

Edit: That count does not include McNeal. So, one of five things.....either McNeal is not coming, someone else has left the program, Wagner is not on scholarship, Knappe will not be here until 2013, or I have completely lost my mind.

No, there are other possibilities. The limit kicks in when camp opens in August. Team all the time are over the limit if everyone shows up counting on unknown attrition. there may be an incoming frosh or two who may be greyshirted who doesn't know it yet (or he knows but we don't).

Reaction Score

Where on earth did Knappe come from? Who is he? and in response to your "Edit", bank on somebody else not returning...

Edit: forget about my Knappe comment.. found it here on line ( in German.. can somebody please translate? ): http://www.razorbacks.dk/web3/web3_userFiles/File/VAF_12072012_side_20.pdf

pj

Reaction Score
No, it's Danish.

Google translate: "Andreas Knappe is the first Dane for over 30 years with a realistic chance of reaching the NFL" ... he will play on Saturday in the finals of the Euro-great club tournament EFAF Cup. ... first Dane to enroll in American college swine football since Morten Andersen kicked the swine-skin at Michigan State 1978-1982 and played 25 years in NFL ... his 5-year scholarship to UConn has a value of "more than one million dollars" (!!!) ... a career in college lasts 4 years, but most are enrolled 5 years, "too often smoking at least one season to injuries." ... "College football draws more fans than the NFL. That's because college teams have larger stadiums than the NFL." ... He measures 206 cm and 128 kg ... he's 21 years old ... "UConn falls to Michigan State among the strongest college teams in the United States" ... the University of Connecticut has an indoor track in full size, larger than a general football field, with a sophisticated climate plants ... Swine football may be played in 10 degrees frost one week and 30 degrees the next.

Reaction Score
Isn't Xavier Hollander also known as the "happy hooker."

Xaviera Hollander??? Talk anout dating yourself - That's like mentioning Floyd Little to current players being recruited... "Who"??

Reaction Score
Xaviera Hollander??? Talk anout dating yourself - That's like mentioning Floyd Little to current players being recruited... "Who"??
If I was dating myself, I wouldn't need a hooker.

Reaction Score
Hell, I saw Little play in High School, against Greenwich. I was kinda young and this was pre-FCIAC, but the two schools played an opening day game for something like four years in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom