their half-court trapping defense | The Boneyard

their half-court trapping defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
was pretty effective against penn st. wonder why it's not used more often? they've got the manpower and quickness. no use saving it, because even if an opponent is aware of it, and prepares for it, it's very hard to deal with during real time.

Reaction Score
was pretty effective against penn st. wonder why it's not used more often? they've got the manpower and quickness. no use saving it, because even if an opponent is aware of it, and prepares for it, it's very hard to deal with during real time.
Pretty sure they have used it in every game this year. Once the game becomes a blowout Geno calls off the dogs.

Reaction Score
Indeed they have. And quite extensively and effectively.

yes, effectively, but i don't think extensively. with their bench strength, i see no reason not to be using it a lot. it's much more effective than their full court pressure. to use any pressure very effectively , though, it would mean fewer minutes for dolson. which i don't see as a problem.

Reaction Score
This isn't college football. Early season style points don't help win the national championship. UConn has done plenty of trapping and pressing, but the young players need to learn how to play the sound man to man defense that has been the foundation of UConn's success.
yes, effectively, but i don't think extensively. with their bench strength, i see no reason not to be using it a lot. it's much more effective than their full court pressure. to use any pressure very effectively , though, it would mean fewer minutes for dolson. which i don't see as a problem.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
This isn't college football. Early season style points don't help win the national championship. UConn has done plenty of trapping and pressing, but the young players need to learn how to play the sound man to man defense that has been the foundation of UConn's success.
Excellent point. UConn's man to man defense is more demanding than most to learn because of the aggressive switching on the perimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom