Theft...! | The Boneyard

Theft...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Just glanced at the current player bios for no particular reason, and saw something I had previously missed in BBanks' profile:

"Averaged 16.2 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 5.0 steals per game in her final season at Fayette County High School"

This girl is a flat-out theif ...!!
excited.gif

betterbrianna.jpg

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I cant wait to see her play!!!! I mean Geno and crew started her in Europe after only a few days of practice!!! WOW!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just glanced at the current player bios for no particular reason, and saw something I had previously missed in BBanks' profile:

"Averaged 16.2 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 5.0 steals per game in her final season at Fayette County High School"

This girl is a flat-out theif ...!!
excited.gif

betterbrianna.jpg
Kalana was her role model. Wikipedia on KG:

"By the time she was a senior, she averaged 28 points, 18 rebounds, nine steals and eight assists per game."

In Kalana's sophomore season of high school, she narrowly missed averaging a quadruple-double.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Kalana was her role model. Wikipedia on KG:

"By the time she was a senior, she averaged 28 points, 18 rebounds, nine steals and eight assists per game."

In Kalana's sophomore season of high school, she narrowly missed averaging a quadruple-double.

eek.gif
whoa.

Reaction Score
I think steels are the most stifling and devastating effect on an offense . Even worse than a stuff, can take an offense's confidence away when your best ball handler gets fleeced.
So bring BB on!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Sometimes Brianna will steal the basketball, other times she is content to just be a theif. But, Geno will need her to play good defense and to perfect her role as a thief. But, rest assured if her opponent isn't alert she will steel the ball.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think steals are the most stifling and devastating effect on an offense . Even worse than a stuff, can take an offense's confidence away when your best ball handler gets fleeced.
So bring BB on!

agreed Sonny. i think blocks are a close second followed immediately by shot clock violations. those things all demoralize an opponent. and multiple steals certainly weigh on the PG or whoever is getting the ball stolen. Maya was famous for stepping in the passing lane anticipating the pass and being off to the races.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think steels are the most stifling and devastating effect on an offense . Even worse than a stuff, can take an offense's confidence away when your best ball handler gets fleeced.
So bring BB on!
Steals often lead to easy points at the other end--especially for UConn.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It should be remembered that many steals occur on entry passes into the middle, too. Especially, on knockaways swept up by guards and others. It is not all perimeter play.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
I don't know about you, but I am going to enjoy the coming season - fast hand and steals leads to...breakaways and easy baskets at the other end. If I am remembering correctly, the teams back in 2000-2002 were always doing that...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom