The Young Pope | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Young Pope

Reaction Score
John from Cincinnati was terrbly awesome when it wasn't being awesomely terrible.

Other than that, I basically agree with your stance on The Young Pope.

He's not credible, but when I set that aside, I actually started to rather enjoy the show in the fourth episode. It seems to have direction now for me.

(And I agree on Keaton - don't know why she's there. But that's my take on almost everything she's done.)

Definitely started to enjoy it a little more too.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
We all watch and love GAme of Thrones, and this is what is not credible?

Totally different genre. Game of Thrones is an adventure/fantasy.

The Young Pope is being passed off as a realistic drama. The problem is it's not very believable.

Reaction Score
Totally different genre. Game of Thrones is an adventure/fantasy.

The Young Pope is being passed off as a realistic drama. The problem is it's not very believable.

Who is passing it off as that?

I grant that it is pretty stylistic. But it sure paints the picture of an insular and self contained Vatican. While all of the political nonsense is going on inside, there are thousands of tourists surrounding the place nearly every day of the year. I like this show because there is really nothing else like it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I ran out of gas halfway through. It is worth finishing?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yes.

Finished it this morning. Disappointing. Most of the last 4 episodes were so disconnected from the first 6 that they were practically a different show. The show goes from a semi-comic take on Vatican intrigue to a story of a pedophile Archbishop in New York that then tries to make that character semi-sympathetic.

Overall, the show was John from Cincinnati 2.0, with a second tier cast and less coherent story. The character motivations were confusing, there was no real plot to the season, and if not for a really, really good soundtrack and some directing tricks, this series would have been unwatchable. I give it a C-.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom