The XL "Experience" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The XL "Experience"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The crowd was fine for a game where the team held the opponent at bay for most of the contest. It was pretty loud when UConn went on their 22-4 run after being down 8-1. UConn sort of coasted from there and so did the crowd. Average crowd for an average opponent. Had it been that way for a game against, say Florida or Alabama, I'd be disappointed.

I typically like games at the XL/HCC but the building itself sucks...and so does the wave. The next person to start it should be removed immediately.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
never..or you do it at a baseball game (usually the mets) when u are bored to tears and down 7 runs in the 4th

Do you have to pile on Mets fans? Trust me, we're a miserable enough bunch today after losing Jose Reyes to a division rival and only getting a 3rd rounder as compensation.

Reaction Score
Man people always find some way to complain about the XL center. It may be extremely outdated and the crowd can at times be weak (same goes with Gample). But I actually enjoy it there. Why?

Every seat has a back to it, rather that sitting on a bench where you loose half your seat during a sellout or some guys knees behind you are digging into your back the whole game.

They sell beer!

When sold-out, the 17,000 person crowd can be very crazy, like 2009 Pitt game.

You don't have to wait in traffic for an hour after the game like Gample.

"When sold out" Thats my biggest issue. Why isnt every game sold out? Do people in Hartford have another sports option? Do you think Rupp, KFC Yum, or the Dean Dome has empty seats? We are on par with those programs but the XL Center doesnt sell out...unbelievable. Its an embarrassment to see all those empty seats on TV.

And people think Hartford is going to get an NHL team one day? We cant even sell out a Uconn game. 3x National Champ Uconn cant sell out its games!

Reaction Score
it was embarrassing to see all the students in the student section leave with 3-4 minutes left. Out of any of the fans, I would expect at least them to stay till the end of the game. The game finished at 5:15 its not like it was 9:30 Saturday night.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Honestly, I cant stand the DJ at football and basketball games and also that girl that announces something every break. Sure its cute to ask kids who their favorite player is but I find her more annoying then good. Also the U-C-O-N-N chant that they now announce is ridiculous. It was fine before when it was done after a big play by Big Red, we dont need to be told when to do it or not.

The DJ is the worst thing that UConn ever experimented with in gameday experience. We have an awesome band, let them play!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The DJ is the worst thing that UConn ever experimented with in gameday experience. We have an awesome band, let them play!
depends on your musical taste... the acoustics are horrible tho!

Reaction Score
i never leave early.. I don't pay for 3/4s of anything.... people need to stop worrying about beating the traffic and just park somewhere better... i park across from feng and neve rhave to wait too long to get out of there even though people exit from every angle...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Worring about other's leaving early is BS. Worry about yourself. My favorite was at a FB game this year when a bunch of guys were giving people crap for leaving when they themselves got to their seats with 5 minutes left in the 1st half. When I went to the Big House last year, the crowd started leaving halfway through the 4th quarter. I wonder if they have all this hand-wringing?

Reaction Score
Give it up, Scoe. That ship sailed a long time ago.

nope, not happening im never going to call it the XL Center ever it was and will always be the Civic Center to me I dont know why people feel like they have to call it the XL Center

Reaction Score
Just use your cell phone, the DJ is a joke the rexix was from the music he was playing not his turn tables, why do people feel like they have to call it the XL Center I still call it the Civic Center and will always call it the Civic Center I will never call something by a stadium or arena by a corporate name.
Why don't you just call it "Veterans Memorial Coliseum". That is the name of the coliseum. The building's name was changed from the Hartford Civic Center to the XL Center but the arena has always been Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

Reaction Score
Why don't you just call it "Veterans Memorial Coliseum". That is the name of the coliseum. The building's name was changed from the Hartford Civic Center to the XL Center but the arena has always been Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

too long for me to say lol ive been ingrained with calling it the Civic Center going to Whalers games and Uconn games since the 80s , going to the mall there when it was nice, I do miss the old Civic Center. I would rather call it Veterans Memorial Coliseum over the XL Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom