The XL Center stinks... | The Boneyard

The XL Center stinks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
literally. The stench of deep fry oil was overwhelming in the passageways tonight. We could even smell it in the lower seating section. I've never noticed this before. Is it all the fried chicken stands? :eek:

Reaction Score
literally. The stench of deep fry oil was overwhelming in the passageways tonight. We could even smell it in the lower seating section. I've never noticed this before. Is it all the fried chicken stands? :eek:

I noticed it too. It made me NOT want to buy anything. Very unappealing.

Reaction Score
That is interesting, our whole group mentioned it also.

Reaction Score
I represent the Capital Region Development Authority, the State agency that oversees the XL Center, and we appreciate constructive feedback like this from UConn fans. We are aware of the grease problem and are working to remedy the situation. The recirculation hoods in the fry stands are designed to filter out the grease vapor, but unfortunately, they have not been performing as intended or designed. The design team working on the building improvements has developed a solution that will be implemented in the next several weeks. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we complete the renovation project in the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Reaction Score
Terrific! Thanks for taking the time to explain the cause and the activity going on to eliminate the problem. Most of the improvements made to the XL Center such as the brighter lights and upgraded floors in the passageways are appreciated. Now, if something could be done with the player stats on the scoreboard......

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
mmmm deep fry oil, fried chicken, french fries.

Reaction Score
I represent the Capital Region Development Authority, the State agency that oversees the XL Center, and we appreciate constructive feedback like this from UConn fans. We are aware of the grease problem and are working to remedy the situation. The recirculation hoods in the fry stands are designed to filter out the grease vapor, but unfortunately, they have not been performing as intended or designed. The design team working on the building improvements has developed a solution that will be implemented in the next several weeks. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we complete the renovation project in the next 6 to 8 weeks.
Kace, I appreciate you taking the time to respond and it's good to know you are addressing the problem. For what it's worth, I think all in all that the upgrades to the arena turned out pretty well. The new bar area is a nice add and the upgrades to the bathrooms were much needed (maybe a little hot water would help?). I guess you've heard about the complaints about the scoreboard and lack of stats so I won't pile on about that.

I read that a good chunk of the $35M went into infrastructure that was sorely needed, so most of us probably have no idea how bad things were behind the scenes? A few of us were talking about the arena Wednesday night and we feel that with a little more investment it's a decent place to see a game. One of the guys was commenting on how good some of the new food looked, so that's another nice add. Sure, it's no MSG with their $850M investment, but without a pro team I don't see us needing much more. Some may disagree, but I like the direction you guys are headed. Look forward to more upgrades.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
mmmm deep fry oil, fried chicken, french fries.

hqdefault.jpg

Sounds like I need to make a trip to the Civic Center XL Center within the next few weeks. The stench of deep fry oil isnt one that would be offensive to me.

I guess I know what I'll be having for dinner tonight

Reaction Score
Sounds like I need to make a trip to the Civic Center XL Center within the next few weeks. The stench of deep fry oil isnt one that would be offensive to me.

Trust me, it really stinks ....

And whatever you do, don't get the popcorn ... unless you really like it stale and over-salted <sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom