The XFL is Coming Back in 2023 | The Boneyard

The XFL is Coming Back in 2023

Reaction Score
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is one of the heads of it. 8 Teams with name coaches and lots of new innovative rules.

Wade Philliips, Bob Stoops, Hines Ward, Rod Woodson, Terrell Buckley, Jim Haslett, Reggie Barlow and Anthony Becht

Play begins in Feb 23rd on ESPN. Player showcases being held now in 6 cities giving opportunities to some of our UConn alums. As an example, Omar Fortt worked out at the first showcase in Wash DC yesterday. Good to see more opportunities for players to show what they’ve got. The XFL draft will be held this November.

Not sure if the XFL will have staying power but the exposure can only help the player’s prospects. Word was Hines Ward was impressed with Omar—who wouldn’t be!?

1E95B54C-419D-41E5-A242-3E2209E7483B.jpeg

Reaction Score
Oh boy. I can hardly wait.
I’m somewhat interested. I’ve been putting USFL games on for background noise/something to watch. Any football is better than no football. The XFL will probably do a better job of entertaining than the USFL does.

Reaction Score
I’m somewhat interested. I’ve been putting USFL games on for background noise/something to watch. Any football is better than no football. The XFL will probably do a better job of entertaining than the USFL does.

If any of these competitions produce a storyline then it will be the first time.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Are they playing in one city, too?

Reaction Score
The USFL is not bad. They kind of whiffed on the one location concept though. The empty stadium for away v. away teams really deflates the experience. These 8 team formats are also terrible. They have to get to scale to make it interesting. Put 32 publicly owned franchises out there with 8 per region and you’ve got something .

Reaction Score
The USFL is not bad. They kind of whiffed on the one location concept though. The empty stadium for away v. away teams really deflates the experience. These 8 team formats are also terrible. They have to get to scale to make it interesting. Put 32 publicly owned franchises out there with 8 per region and you’ve got something .
The problem with 32 teams is it very heavily dilutes the talent pool. The USFL isnt too bad, but you go to 32 teams you’re adding over 500 starters alone, not even full rosters, that’s a lot of “talent” to find while still keeping it entertaining.

Reaction Score
I think having the USFL games played at one location kinda hurt its marketing a bit... but at least some of us watched a little bit of it... When I'm not busy I caught a little of it... Pretty decent football.. actually...

Reaction Score
I think it's a great opportunity for a league like this to use stadiums like ours as a tool

Reaction Score
When the UFL existed, everyone universally mocked it.. funny thing was, its the best alternative league that's been tried in the last 15-20 years. Now everyone's developed a soft spot for the 'new' USFL and XFL??

Being as we don't have a team in either league, I hope they both fold.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom