the worst New Year's Day bowl lineup in history | The Boneyard

the worst New Year's Day bowl lineup in history

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Heart of Dallas Jan. 1 Dallas, Tex. Big Ten No. 7 vs. Big 12 No. 8 Purdue vs. Oklahoma State
Outback Jan. 1 Tampa, Fla. Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC Michigan vs. South Carolina
Gator Jan. 1 Jacksonville, Fla. Big Ten No. 4/5 vs. SEC No. 6 Northwestern vs. Miss. State
Capital One Jan. 1 Orlando, Fla.Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2 Nebraska vs. Georgia

willie99

Reaction Score
are you kidding me? my New Year's Day tradition of simply watching bowl games non-stop all day long has been stripped from me

at least we're playing at Marq at 9:00 PM in hoops, that'll be something to look forward to

looks like I may actually be social January 1, 2013. First First Day I'll be making a public appearance in many many years

I'm telling you, the Mayan's may be onto something

willie99

Reaction Score
whoops, just realized those are the non-BCS games, I feel better

never-mind

Reaction Score
LOL. WV goes to B12 only to return east to play the CUSE in the Pin Stripe Bowl. Probably the lowest bowl game they have ever played in.

Reaction Score
whoops, just realized those are the non-BCS games, I feel better

never-mind

I don't think any BCS bowls play on New Years Day anymore. I get why they string them out all week to put them on prime time, but I think it sucks and I usually only bother watching one or two of them anymore. Truthfully the National Championship game and the Fiesta are probably the only bowl games I have any interest in this year. The Cotton Bowl would be interesting if it didn't feel like a B12 regular season match up. I don't know if it's because I don't care to root for the Big East teams this year, or just because all of the match ups are dreck. Either way it looks like I'll have some time for family

edit: I stand corrected, we get to see two classics in the making on NYD, Florida State vs Northern Illinois and Stanford against an unranked Wisconsin. At least the Rose Bowl has maintained it's prestige in an ever changing landscape:confused:. If the powers that be want to kill the bowl games altogether, I think this year's schedule is the first move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom