The worst double-double I've ever seen | The Boneyard

The worst double-double I've ever seen

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Facey is my favorite player on this team by far and one of my favorite Huskies of all time. Regardless, his inability to convert point blank shots and free throws killed us tonight. It didn't help that everyone else was horrible too, but when you play a bad game and finish with 12 and 12, it's unusual enough to merit a mention.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Facey is my favorite player on this team by far and one of my favorite Huskies of all time. Regardless, his inability to convert point blank shots and free throws killed us tonight. It didn't help that everyone else was horrible too, but when you play a bad game and finish with 12 and 12, it's unusual enough to merit a mention.

Nicely put.
Worth a mention, as well, that such balanced starting line-up scoring also never looked so bad. Maybe even kind of a shame that Brimah fouled out before his own double-double.
Charlie Brown said it best: Sigh

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Facey gets so many point blank shots because of his rebounding ability and athleticism. He has to finish those shots. I really think he could be Tristan Thompson-lite on the glass with putbacks. He's a workhorse, just needs to finish like one.

Reaction Score
I really wish he had one more year of eligibility.... he's really coming into his own, unlike AB, who hasn't gotten much better or stronger in his 4 years here.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why?
I'm actually curious why you asked him why? Not a dig by me to you. Just clarification because the why can be taken in three ways (general curiosity, a dig on Facey or why the need for the op).

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
One of the reasons I like Facey so much is that I always root for the end-of-the-bench underdog types and love to see them improve and excel. It's why Hilton Armstrong is my favorite Husky of all time, along with Ray, Bazz, and Kemba.

Reaction Score
I'm actually curious why you asked him why? Not a dig by me to you. Just clarification because the why can be taken in three ways (general curiosity, a dig on Facey or why the need for the op).

Curiosity with an implied slight dig to Facey. He doesn't stand out to me in performance, personality, contribution to winning big games, or any other reason most people would select for favorite players. Especially considering how underwhelming the program has been post-'14, you'd think most people would have a favorite that might allow them to dwell on the good times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom