OT: - THE world's most dominant athlete of the last 5 years | The Boneyard

OT: THE world's most dominant athlete of the last 5 years

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sydney McLaughlin maybe moving up this ladder shattering her own 4th consecutive WR 50.68 breaking her 51.41 Lordy.
She has a chance to become the greatest woman sprinter of all time. The switch over she's contemplating would be unprecedented. Her win at the world's today was called Beamon-esque by the commentator.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Talk about leaving your opponents for dead
1658563077796.png

Reaction Score
She has a chance to become the greatest woman sprinter of all time. The switch over she's contemplating would be unprecedented. Her win at the world's today was called Beamon-esque by the commentator.
She is only 22, whatever she decides to do she will dominate for quite some time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She is only 22, whatever she decides to do she will dominate for quite some time.
I suppose it is not possible to do both 400m free and hurdles at the same time but in her post game comments, it sounds like she will go after that 400 meter record. I would like to see her first bring the 400m hurdles record below 50 seconds. That is a real nice sounding number

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I understand the attraction of track and field, but I'm sold on the greatest free style swimmer ever: Katie Ladecky, who has dominated all but the women's 100 for ten years and when I say dominated she has won events by as much as 33 seconds. She recently lost one of the shorter events to a Aussie.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They were talking about Mu moving down to the 400. Having both of them at the 400 would be really interesting.

Reaction Score
They were talking about Mu moving down to the 400. Having both of them at the 400 would be really interesting.
Those 2 are going to set many records in the next 8 years. It will be interesting to see what events each of them will choose to run.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I suppose it is not possible to do both 400m free and hurdles at the same time but in her post game comments, it sounds like she will go after that 400 meter record. I would like to see her first bring the 400m hurdles record below 50 seconds. That is a real nice sounding number
Hasn’t she often run the hurdles and 4x400 in the same meet(with rather spectacular splits)?

I don’t see any reason she shouldn’t start running the 400 or 200.

Reaction Score
This thread is like a compilation of my favorite (non-basketball) athletes. Janja (who's also an Olympic gold medalist) definitely belongs in the list for me. Otherworldly athleticism, strength and flexibility over a huge range of movements.

I don't think I can choose one as the best because the sports themselves are so different. But I sure do feel blessed as a fan.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This thread is like a compilation of my favorite (non-basketball) athletes. Janja (who's also an Olympic gold medalist) definitely belongs in the list for me. Otherworldly athleticism, strength and flexibility over a huge range of movements.

I don't think I can choose one as the best because the sports themselves are so different. But I sure do feel blessed as a fan.
I can't imagine a sport more demanding than riding a grand tour. If Tadej Pogacar was gonna win the Tour de France tomorrow, which would be his third in a row, I'd vote for him, but barring any weird circumstances, Jonas Vingegaard has it wrapped up.

Reaction Score
No doubt McLaughlin’s progression is extremely impressive as she destroyed the 400 meter hurdles record but surely there are others in that conversation. Whoever has signed endorsement deals with Sidney just hit the jackpot. She looks clean ( no chemical enticements ) which may be particularly helpful to her career but it’s hard to see how she has advanced so quickly. That 18 year old male sprinter from the USA looks to be huge also.

Reaction Score
Janja is amazing. I can't really argue with the choice of her as most dominant lately, but I'll throw out another transcendent athlete: mountain biker Brandon Semenuk, first 4-time winner of Red Bull Rampage

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Wmccfp
ShmiCO
MooseJaw

cometjo

I love the picture of Janja as a child climbing a door jamb in her parents' house. As she says for sure she is a talent but hard work is the key. No one ever out worked Larry Bird; his teammates attest to this.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Janja is amazing. I can't really argue with the choice of her as most dominant lately, but I'll throw out another transcendent athlete: mountain biker Brandon Semenuk, first 4-time winner of Red Bull Rampage
Yikes! Brandon and his fellow competitors must have huge amygdalae with amazing connectivity with the medial prefrontal cortex. In other words their brain is structured for greater risk tolerance. Of course someone such as myself would be tempted to say such a brain structure has no ability to assess risk! ;):rolleyes: Brandon and Janja both compete in a sport where a mistake does not just mean losing a competition but possibly losing their life or use of a limb. I have watched Janja doing some fun free climbing on rock faces with no ropes. Not my definition of fun! There are amazing athletes in the world competing on another plane other than "simply" basketball, baseball, football, and track.
The first time I watched a video of a cyclist hurtling down a mountain trail; I actually started to become ill. The vantage point was from a GoPro strapped to the rider's helmet. I was sitting safely in my office and I was terribly uncomfortably. Yet as a teenager and a 20 something I did some really nutsy things. I guess my amygdala has shrunk considerably.
Thanks for this video. I must watch more a Brandon ... hopefully without nausea. :eek:;)

Reaction Score
I love the picture of Janja as a child climbing a door jamb
I tried this when the local climbing gym shut down a couple years back. Fortunately it was early in the pandemic so the lumber prices for repairing the doorway weren't too bad. :oops:

Great picture of young Janja! She's such a natural athlete.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I tried this when the local climbing gym shut down a couple years back. Fortunately it was early in the pandemic so the lumber prices for repairing the doorway weren't too bad. :oops:

Great picture of young Janja! She's such a natural athlete.
This is the trail riding video I watched.
This dude is not right in the head. I watch this and think ... WHY?!
I want to know who first came this way and thought this would make a great trail ride. :eek::confused::oops:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yikes! Brandon and his fellow competitors must have huge amygdalae with amazing connectivity with the medial prefrontal cortex. In other words their brain is structured for greater risk tolerance. Of course someone such as myself would be tempted to say such a brain structure has no ability to assess risk! ;):rolleyes: Brandon and Janja both compete in a sport where a mistake does not just mean losing a competition but possibly losing their life or use of a limb. I have watched Janja doing some fun free climbing on rock faces with no ropes. Not my definition of fun! There are amazing athletes in the world competing on another plane other than "simply" basketball, baseball, football, and track.
The first time I watched a video of a cyclist hurtling down a mountain trail; I actually started to become ill. The vantage point was from a GoPro strapped to the rider's helmet. I was sitting safely in my office and I was terribly uncomfortably. Yet as a teenager and a 20 something I did some really nutsy things. I guess my amygdala has shrunk considerably.
Thanks for this video. I must watch more a Brandon ... hopefully without nausea. :eek:;)
A lot of what Branson does are edits rather than competitions at this point—3 or 4 minute segments that might take a month to film and in his case they rise to the level of poetry. Here is one:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom