The World According to Phil (Nolan) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The World According to Phil (Nolan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He seems to have a good body frame for adding weight. I'm curious to see how his squat numbers increased and other explosion numbers improved to get to his new weight.

Do they release that stuff?

Usually not. Either the player has to come forward humblebragging or a reporter needs to get the scoop.

What I was getting at regarding Phil (and as others have noted), he doesn't need python arms like me or Hulk Hogan. He needs the lower body strength to get and hold defensive position and to elevate quickly and strongly in traffic.

Reaction Score
Just by looking at this video--you can see Kentan's rather high potential of being a very solid stretch 4. 99.9% of people on this Earth can't shoot like this and add in he's an athletic 6-9 can run the floor and I think he's going to be a solid rebounder/defender. Add in Bridah Nolan and Lubin and like Phil said--and he obviously has a first hand look to say the least--we will likely be better upfront this year compared to last year.

Reaction Score
Just by looking at this video--you can see Kentan's rather high potential of being a very solid stretch 4. 99.9% of people on this Earth can't shoot like this and add in he's an athletic 6-9 can run the floor and I think he's going to be a solid rebounder/defender. Add in Bridah Nolan and Lubin and like Phil said--and he obviously has a first hand look to say the least--we will likely be better upfront this year compared to last year.

While I agree he will eventually be a solid player there are a lot of basketball players who can shoot like that when no one is guarding them (maybe not at 6'9") and when a defender comes out they're cooked......having said that I think he will be a solid offensive player at some point of his career too......patience with him was and is the key, although aged appropriate for school not in experience on the court. He will get there though.......

Reaction Score
While I agree he will eventually be a solid player there are a lot of basketball players who can shoot like that when no one is guarding them (maybe not at 6'9") and when a defender comes out they're cooked.having said that I think he will be a solid offensive player at some point of his career too.patience with him was and is the key, although aged appropriate for school not in experience on the court. He will get there though..
Agreed. I would feel better if he was shooting against a chair in that video

Reaction Score
Usually not. Either the player has to come forward humblebragging or a reporter needs to get the scoop.

What I was getting at regarding Phil (and as others have noted), he doesn't need python arms like me or Hulk Hogan. He needs the lower body strength to get and hold defensive position and to elevate quickly and strongly in traffic.
Did you just compare yourself to Hulk Hogan?

Reaction Score

after rewatching this past year's final four... he most definitely needs to get stronger in the upper body, and sorry for you but I'm sure that's where he's been working. Phil had like 10 great looks inside the paint and didnt finish one in the Kentucky game, with stronger arms/shoulders, he can absorb contact, and then put the ball up and get a few of those bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom