The Women’s funniest moment | The Boneyard

The Women’s funniest moment

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
One of my all time favorite moments. We don't have room for walk-ons now, but there is always something endearing about the girls that toil behind the scenes to help our team be better. Hats off to them, and hope that their sacrifice was worth it for them. Unsung heros who never get the recognition they deserve.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
My favorite single moment watching UConn.
My second favorite moment over all.

Favorite moment: 6 year old daughter in her first softball game. She is the catcher. The batter hits the ball that comes to rest on home plate. Coaches, fans yelling for the batter to run, she does. Coaches, fans yelling get the ball and tag her. Daughter realizes she isn't going to catch the runner. Stops running, draws back and launches a bullet to the runners back. Tag accomplished.

Teaching moment for the catcher and batter between home and first base. Then they start over not counting the last pitch/hit/tag.

Reaction Score
A still of the bench's reaction to Polio's shot:

12916164_10154021708694831_2268115083590366250_o.jpg

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I hate to be the one that burst the bubble on it being a 3 point shot. Her foot was on the line and it was only a two pointer. But I was happy for her almost as much as her teammates. I remember seeing KLS jump up and was worried that she might make her injury of her foot worse.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was impressed with the announcing crew being on top of the situation explaining that UConn is working to get Pulido the final shot.

Reaction Score
I hope this year’s team has “several” moments like this - this season. Gabby and Kia aren’t holding back their exuberance. :D
Another moment, not quite as emotional as Pulido but similar occurred in the 4*9*2013 titla game vs, Louisville. With about 1:30 to go Heather Buck makes a steal and dribbles the way to the basket for a layup and the bench reaction was again almost as big as it was for Pulido. Heather was a scholarship player but never got many minutes over her four years. I was so happy for her with that finish to her UConn career.

Reaction Score
Another moment, not quite as emotional as Pulido but similar occurred in the 4*9*2013 titla game vs, Louisville. With about 1:30 to go Heather Buck makes a steal and dribbles the way to the basket for a layup and the bench reaction was again almost as big as it was for Pulido. Heather was a scholarship player but never got many minutes over her four years. I was so happy for her with that finish to her UConn career.
Yes the reaction to that theft was great. And speaking of Heather Buck, the one and only time I saw her in person was accidental. By jumping into an elevator just before the doors closed, I literally bumped into this very tall woman in scrubs. After apologizing, I looked up only to see it was Heather. I couldn’t contain my excitement, so I got off on the wrong floor (hers and her friends) just to talk to her. She was great, and smiled broadly when we spoke of UCONN. She was happy and enjoying her new life as a pediatric nurse. I was ecstatic for the rest of the day, and really relieved my supervisor forgave my tardiness.

Reaction Score
Love the bench reactions. Those are always the best moments.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The picture of the JOYFUL team celebrating Briana's shot....including CD and Himself... will always bring a smile.
I bet her children and grandchildren will get a kick out of too.

Say...is Briana the one who had ideas about farming when she graduated...or was that someone else?
Anyone know what Briana is doing nowadays?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The picture of the JOYFUL team celebrating Briana's shot....including CD and Himself... will always bring a smile.
I bet her children and grandchildren will get a kick out of too.

Say...is Briana the one who had ideas about farming when she graduated...or was that someone else?
Anyone know what Briana is doing nowadays?
According to LinkedIn, she is a full time Environmental Staff Scientist . Duties include:

-Conduct Phase I/II environmental site assessments to identify potential RECs.
· Conduct research regarding historical development and usage of properties.
· Install soil borings and monitoring wells for the collection of soil and water samples.
· Collect samples of air, water, material, and soil samples for analysis from various media using proper protocols and equipment.
· Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.

She finished her Masters in Global Sustainability from USF in 2018

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom