The Wire Season 5 | The Boneyard

The Wire Season 5

Reaction Score
I am starting episode 8, and I gotta say it is jumping the shark a bit here. The whole fake a crime thing was funny for an episode or two, but it is a bit too much now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I am starting episode 8, and I gotta say it is jumping the shark a bit here. The whole fake a crime thing was funny for an episode or two, but it is a bit too much now.

Both the story lines go too far over the top. Jimmy's serial killer and the reporter. They do the ending pretty well, but I do wish at least Jimmy wasn't so ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Both the story lines go too far over the top. Jimmy's serial killer and the reporter. They do the ending pretty well, but I do wish at least Jimmy wasn't so ridiculous.

Omar just died. Sad.

Reaction Score
Omar just died. Sad.
1418744563334.jpg

Reaction Score

I didn't enjoy Season 5 nearly as much as any of the others, for the reasons outlined here already. I hated the fake crime angle and didn't care for the reporting angle to "the Wire". That being said, the last 2 episodes really did a great job tying up the entire series. Made it worth watching the whole season for sure.

Reaction Score
I didn't enjoy Season 5 nearly as much as any of the others, for the reasons outlined here already. I hated the fake crime angle and didn't care for the reporting angle to "the Wire". That being said, the last 2 episodes really did a great job tying up the entire series. Made it worth watching the whole season for sure.

Marlo's final scene made it worthwhile for me.

Reaction Score
@August_West or anyone else who is a Wire junkie. And, FWIW, I don't think this is a spoiler but tread lightly, .

They never tied up the storyline with Daniels, right? They insinuated at various times that he was involved in something crooked, but they never answered what that was, if I'm correct. If I missed it, let me know what it was because that always sorta bugged me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
@August_West or anyone else who is a Wire junkie. And, FWIW, I don't think this is a spoiler but tread lightly, .

They never tied up the storyline with Daniels, right? They insinuated at various times that he was involved in something crooked, but they never answered what that was, if I'm correct. If I missed it, let me know what it was because that always sorta bugged me.

I don't believe they got into specifics but he took money from something is what I remember.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

That and McNulty at the FBI getting his own profile and his expression as they nailed it were worth the price of the season

Reaction Score

Germane

What exactly was the "dirt" on Daniels in The Wire?

Reaction Score
It was the point in the series where the producers had carte blanche to do what they wanted, and it showed.
At that point to do what they wanted?

Are you implying they were writing this as the show went on? If so, you are mistaken; IIRC the entire show was written before Season 1 began filming

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom