The Wilson Communication | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Wilson Communication

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The only message I get from this is that Benedict and/or Ollie don't value the fan base enough to keep them informed.

This is one thing that isn't on Ollie.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure why everyone's upset since we knew there was an approximately 0% chance of a waiver being granted.

I don't know why they didn't disclose it, but I don't really care either.

They didn’t not disclose it. They flat out lied about the status.

Sure these are state employees - why shouldn’t they be able to lie to us?

What else are they lying about?

Reaction Score
I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. If they didn’t lie they are so grossly incompetent as to be beyond belief.

Assuming the NCAA didn’t lie - but if they did wouldn’t UConn dispute the report?
So, without any evidence at all, save some Twitter nonsense, you have made a thread accusing the athletic department of lying (to whom I'm not sure) about Sidney's eligibility which everyone on the free world knew had about a 1% chance of happening this year in our favor and you are basing that on the NCAA saying that they did something and didn't lie? The NCAA? Headed by Emmert? Do I have that all worked out? And, this thread you created, based on nothing except what you have essentially made up in your own mind, and some Twitter nonsense, has attracted flies. Flies that also have decided to believe, without any evidence at all, save some Twitter nonsense, that the athletic department has lied to parties apparently to be named later. Now, maybe they have lied, maybe they haven't. However your post asserts that they have. Have you evidence of this that you can share with us? I'm dying to hear it.
I mean, you must know they lied. You accused them of lying. And maybe they did. I'm not saying they didn't. Prove it. Throw it up here. Let's see it. Now you've said it twice in this thread. A whole thread accusing the athletic department of lying, twice, without a shred of proof. C'mon let's see it. Post your proof. Don't give me Tweets that are conjecture from beat writers. Throw up some good crap here. I'm waiting.
When I was a kid and a classmate pulled oreo cookies out of her bag the teacher made her share them with us. I think you need to share your oreos.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So, without any evidence at all, save some Twitter nonsense, you have made a thread accusing the athletic department of lying (to whom I'm not sure) about Sidney's eligibility which everyone on the free world knew had about a 1% chance of happening this year in our favor and you are basing that on the NCAA saying that they did something and didn't lie? The NCAA? Headed by Emmert? Do I have that all worked out? And, this thread you created, based on nothing except what you have essentially made up in your own mind, and some Twitter nonsense, has attracted flies. Flies that also have decided to believe, without any evidence at all, save some Twitter nonsense, that the athletic department has lied to parties apparently to be named later. Now, maybe they have lied, maybe they haven't. However your post asserts that they have. Have you evidence of this that you can share with us? I'm dying to hear it.
I mean, you must know they lied. You accused them of lying. And maybe they did. I'm not saying they didn't. Prove it. Throw it up here. Let's see it. Now you've said it twice in this thread. A whole thread accusing the athletic department of lying, twice, without a shred of proof. C'mon let's see it. Post your proof. Don't give me Tweets that are conjecture from beat writers. Throw up some good crap here. I'm waiting.
When I was a kid and a classmate pulled oreo cookies out of her bag the teacher made her share them with us. I think you need to share your oreos.

Yes a professional reporter asking a question and reporting the answer is
‘Twitter Nonsense’.

How dimwitted do you need to be to support state employees lying to the public?

You might note I said there is a possibility the NCAA communication is incorrect - but if it is why are they letting those lies stand?

Or we can just stand by and talk about 1999 while the ‘leadership’ finishes destroying everything.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Some people just love to complain.

Some people are just willing to eat poop. It’s odd they brag about it like it’s a good thing.

Reaction Score
The horde was saying for a week or two that we would get a ruling on Sidney Wilson's eligibility.

You think they were just making that up and not hearing that from people at UConn?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Simple explanation here.

One of the secretaries recieved the official notice from the NCAA. She walked into Ollie’s office and he wasn’t around. She thought “where can I leave this so that Kevin is sure to see it immediately”. She saw a bunch of folders on the desk labeled ‘Set Offensive Plays’, ‘Big Man Development’, and ‘Timout Strategy & Game Managenent’—so left the NCAA notice on the stack of folders. Little did she know that those folders were covered in dust and haven’t been used in two years—so Ollie never saw the notice.

Simple misunderstanding really.:D

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If we ever do go with the Uconn family idea on the coaching staff again (and I doubt we will) I'd like seeing Craig Austrie as an assistant.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Simple explanation here.

One of the secretaries recieved the official notice from the NCAA. She walked into Ollie’s office and he wasn’t around. She thought “where can I leave this so that Kevin is sure to see it immediately”. She saw a bunch of folders on the desk labeled ‘Set Offensive Plays’, ‘Big Man Development’, and ‘Timout Strategy & Game Managenent’—so left the NCAA notice on the stack of folders. Little did she know that those folders were covered in dust and haven’t been used in two years—so Ollie never saw the notice.

Simple misunderstanding really.:D

bored-audience-chistianity-dot-com-.jpg

Reaction Score
Some people are just willing to eat poop. It’s odd they brag about it like it’s a good thing.
Maybe someday I can learn to be a sniveling whiner too.

Reaction Score
Yes a professional reporter asking a question and reporting the answer is
‘Twitter Nonsense’.

How dimwitted do you need to be to support state employees lying to the public?

You might note I said there is a possibility the NCAA communication is incorrect - but if it is why are they letting those lies stand?

Or we can just stand by and talk about 1999 while the ‘leadership’ finishes destroying everything.
So you can't prove it is a lie? But you made a big, entire thread about it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Speaking of reporters, one of them should get this clarified.

Reaction Score
The horde was saying for a week or two that we would get a ruling on Sidney Wilson's eligibility.

You think they were just making that up and not hearing that from people at UConn?
Talk to your boy whaler and throw some proof up here. Let's see it, fly. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I want to see it. Bust it out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you can't prove it is a lie? But you made a big, entire thread about it.

A whole message board thread? Yes what a big investment.

Hopefully they already fired Ollie and have just neglected to tell us.

Maybe nobody checked the mail - too busy celebrating all the winning.

Reaction Score
A whole message board thread? Yes what a big investment.

Hopefully they already fired Ollie and have just neglected to tell us.

Maybe nobody checked the mail - too busy celebrating all the winning.
That's very clever! But wouldn't you already know that? You have a source right? You've got it all figured out. Some sources would be awesome. superfly is waiting for sources other than himself and you. Please share them with us. We are breathlessly waiting.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If we ever do go with the Uconn family idea on the coaching staff again (and I doubt we will) I'd like seeing Craig Austrie as an assistant.

Only person I'm still interested in as an assistant would be Donyell. Not gonna happen either.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's very clever! But wouldn't you already know that? You have a source right? You've got it all figured out. Some sources would be awesome. superfly is waiting for sources other than himself and you. Please share them with us. We are breathlessly waiting.

Ah the 80s in your handle doesn’t relate to the decade. Now your posts make more sense.

Reaction Score
Didn't we establish the written communication was sent out on the Friday before Christmas, presumably to be acted upon the week in-between Christmas and New Years? Which, since the holidays fell on Sundays, there is a good possibility that the AD office staff/compliance staff/lawyers did not work at all during the week. Considering the story came to light on January 2nd, the day everyone went back to work, this pause in the process seems a likely cause for any resulting miscommunication, especially since we don't know the sources for any of the reports the reporters were tweeting. It's certainly possible the reporters were lied to, but I don't know what the motive would be, other than perhaps delaying discussion of the matter until a decision on whether or not to appeal had been made. Another possible explanation is their source only knew a decision on Wilson was coming this upcoming week, but did not realize that decision was UConn's about whether to spend the time and resources appealing.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure I’m following the twitter thing. There is a published report about Ollie finding out during the Arizona postgame.

Reaction Score
Not sure why everyone's upset since we knew there was an approximately 0% chance of a waiver being granted.

I don't know why they didn't disclose it, but I don't really care either.
Because it’s deceptive and undermines future credibility on other issues. Yes, that’s a problem for many.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom