The Wilson Communication | The Boneyard

The Wilson Communication

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I find this pretty troubling.

Why did they lie about not knowing his status from the NCAA?

How broken is this athletic department?

Strange that this has been a trend through multiple ADs.

Reaction Score
Unless they were working to get it done behind the scenes this is very strange, and not consistent with Dave

Reaction Score
Don't think this is Benedict's fault. More likely the Head Coach and/or SID is to blame.

Reaction Score
Don't think this is Benedict's fault. More likely the Head Coach and/or SID is to blame.
WRONG, any and all news regarding the NCAA goes through the Athletic department and not the coach.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The thread title is clearly a play on the Ludlum Game. Like how if Ludlum wrote Hamlet he'd call it something like The Elsinore Vacillation. What if he wrote about what's happening to the BB team? The Ollie Defenestration?

Reaction Score
It's honestly not that unreasonable to just wait until final ruling after all appeals are expended. What's the difference if they tell us he can't play or they wait until that's the final verdict?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It's honestly not that unreasonable to just wait until final ruling after all appeals are expended. What's the difference if they tell us he can't play or they wait until that's the final verdict?

The issue is they lied and said the had not heard from the NCAA when the NCAA came out and said other wise that is the issue. If they admitted to hearing from the NCAA but would not release the NCAA decision that would be a different conversation.

Reaction Score
It's troubling to say the least. I've liked most of what I've seen and heard on Benedict but I also thought Herbst would he good for athletics when we first hired her and she has turned out to be a disaster, same goes for Ollie.

The good thing is I've heard Benedict has been fed up with Ollie for a while and knows we need to cut ties. We will just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

There is no denying things have been dysfunctional and disastrous around here for a while though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Class outfits don't make the local beat guy look like a fool.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How do you know they lied?

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. If they didn’t lie they are so grossly incompetent as to be beyond belief.

Assuming the NCAA didn’t lie - but if they did wouldn’t UConn dispute the report?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
School was gifted two hall of fame basketball coaches, the best league for hoops, on top of that had a burgeoning football program and somehow managed to squander all of their athletic cache and their built up goodwill from the fan base.

Almost have to be impressed at the level of ineptitude.

Reaction Score
School was gifted two hall of fame basketball coaches, the best league for hoops, on top of that had a burgeoning football program and somehow managed to squander all of their athletic cache and their built up goodwill from the fan base.

It sort of goes right along with the whole state. You have to try hard to screw these things up.

Reaction Score
Shhhh, don’t say anything about AD Dave... some people on here think he’s the 2nd coming of the Lord himself.

Reaction Score

And who set it all off

Jeff+Hathaway.jpg

Reaction Score
What is the motivation to stay quiet about the NCAA decision? I don’t get it. The fan base is waiting to hear one way or another. Really difficult to understand.

Reaction Score
I really can't figure it out. Appealing the decision? Issue a brief comment saying the NCAA ruled and the university is appealing, like the university did with the APR ban. Maybe UConn kept it under wraps for faux optimism? I don't know. The only message I get from this is that Benedict and/or Ollie don't value the fan base enough to keep them informed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom