The Will to Win | The Boneyard

The Will to Win

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The Will to Win is contagious. You can see it in this team. Geno has taught and all they know is what theyve been taught. Nika has the guts and look in her eyes when defending an opponent on defense. You can see it and so can the offensive player. A steal or too or even a deflection results in hesitance in an opponents mind. This attitude has infected the team and everybody especially those vying for more play time play with a mission. Paige well what can you say. Defenses are just waiting for her and what shes gonna do next. Paige is at another level. Defenses guard her to keep her from scoring and she continues to get others involved in the game. Then when you least expect it, when you leave her open for just a second bingo she scores. A facilitator that can make you pay no matter how you play her. Christyns confidence has given UConn a defender who is consistent with her biggest test coming up. Christyns scorer has added another double digit scorer in the books.

Liv and Edwards have come a long way. They will play a huge part in the how far UConn goes. Liv with her shot blocking presence and Edwards who has become and scorer. Evina is the glue. Her attitude and the respect she receives from her team mates keeps this young team focused. UConn has arrived. Griff adds athletism and speed.

There are two types of people in the world. Those who think they can and those who think they cant....and theyre both right UConn is playing at a very confident level and will continue to roll over opponents. I dont think theyve been given enough credit and not respected as I feel they should be. Media people and fans still think there are other teams who can win the NC and there maybe but for me, with what I see, UConn is the team to beat. Hey they could have an off nite and foul trouble and injuries could hurt them but if they stay healthy and out of foul trouble I dont see them getting beat because they have the will to win.

Reaction Score
Tony is clearly infected with a "will to win." So is this version of the Huskies. The cure for this infection is TO WIN. Where's there's a will . . .
This one item may be Paige's greatest contribution to the team.

Reaction Score
This team has the will to win and to work. They have improved so much since the beginning of the season. They have embraced what the coaches are preaching. Defense, ball movement, and assertiveness. The players have embraced Paige's passing and looking for open teammates. I look so forward to the next game and games to finally cutting down the nets and watch them celebrate as they did after the Big East tournament.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Two players on this team that we know won’t shrink and disappear in big games are Paige and Aaliyah. It appears to me that they have infected the rest of the team with their confidence, energy and will to win.

UConn lost games last year because some starters didn’t show up putting the burden of scoring on 1-2 players. We lost to SC because we couldn’t score. Two points in the first quarter set the tone for the game.

If everyone shows up and stays out of foul trouble, UConn should win today going away. I like where we are right now. This UConn team‘s mindset is back were it belongs thanks in part to Paige. They don’t hope to win, they expect to win.

Reaction Score
Two players on this team that we know won’t shrink and disappear in big games are Paige and Aaliyah. It appears to me that they have infected the rest of the team with their confidence, energy and will to win.

UConn lost games last year because some starters didn’t show up putting the burden of scoring on 1-2 players. We lost to SC because we couldn’t score. Two points in the first quarter set the tone for the game.
Two points? Really? I try to search the highlight.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe one of the things the players had to become accustomed to is the fact that when Paige has the ball on their offensive end of the floor and they get 1/2 a step on their defender- they better be ready for a pass because it’s coming.
This takes a lot of concentration.
I don’t think they’ve (actually, I’m sure) they’ve never had a teammate that can get them the ball anytime, anyplace on the court.
“If I cut hard and keep moving through the set, eventually I’ll get a pass for an open shot-or an easy shot”.
Also, this has to drain the opponent, knowing that a nanosecond of inattention will cost them.

Reaction Score
You cannot underestimate the will to win. It is a contagious untouchable phenomena that sinks itself into the mind of an individual or individuals and becomes a force unto itself. It increases the adrenalin, and what emerges is a toughness and desire to overcome, adapt and improvise for total victory.

Carnac

Reaction Score

If everyone shows up and stays out of foul trouble, UConn should win today going away. I like where we are right now. This UConn team‘s mindset is back were it belongs thanks in part to Paige. They don’t hope to win, they expect to win.
I called it. Everyone showed up, played hard and stayed out of foul trouble. A tip o’ the turban to Liv for staying on the floor (and out of foul trouble), and Evina for running things and keeping our girls calm and the offense flowing. She showed up big today. One rebound away from a triple double. That’s a full days work!! ? That’s leadership!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The Will to Win is contagious. You can see it in this team. Geno has taught and all they know is what theyve been taught.

Tony you were 100% correct...that was the difference
and will carry them through into the final-4

Let's forget about the ESPN talking heads...

Geno said it earlier...iF CW is playing like this, we'll be difficult to beat.
She was better...as was E...everyone contributed.
Wonderful effort against a tough team.

Reaction Score
Very close to having two triple doubles in this game!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom