The Weekly Funnies: Bracketology | The Boneyard

The Weekly Funnies: Bracketology

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Agree. Given Stanford has, for many weeks, been ranked just below South Carolina, you would think UConn as a #2 seed would be going up against Indiana, or OSU. Maybe Uconn should have been the fourth #1 seed?
If not the fourth 1 seed, then at least the first #2 seed (5th overall). UConn has great wins over Iowa and NC State, among others, and, though I’m not sure of this site’s validity, is currently ranked #1 in both RPI and SOS. UConn’s two losses came to Notre Dame (8/8 in NET and RPI, respectively) and Maryland (27/10 in NET and RPI, respectively). Those games were against pretty good teams (Creme has Notre Dame as a 2 seed and Maryland as a 3 seed), UConn was without Juhász in both games, lost Azzi in the Notre Dame game and were without her in the Maryland game, didn’t have Mühl in the Maryland game either, and both games were on the road. I can understand the whole “if the season ended today and Azzi wasn’t back yet” justification, but even that seems like a stretch based on how UConn has performed since the Maryland game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
With 361 Division One college basketball teams no conference should have more than 6 teams going to the dance. There are many non Power 5 teams that should be going that get left out because of the ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and PAC 12 getting more than they deserve. I guess it's all about the money to the NCAA and don't want to PO the Power 5 to where they decide to take the ball and have their own basketball tournament. One rule should be is that to qualify for the NCAA Tournament is that you must have a winning record in your conference play, unless you win your conference tournament, AQ for entrance.

Reaction Score
There is not a single poll or ranking I could find anywhere with Connecticut lower than fourth, except for Creme who still apparently has them 7th (based on being in Stanford's bracket). He came right out and said that Indiana got put back on the top line because Grace Berger returned (Indiana is 5th or 6th in every poll/ranking I saw). Does this mean Connecticut gets put back on the top line as soon as Fudd returns?

Reaction Score
As usual, Charlie Creme does his 5 minute effort to come up with brackets... he uses no real logic, just belly rubs, and what will get the UCONN fans up in arms. Thankfully, this bracket MEANS NOTHING... and is not worth the electrons that made it up.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There is not a single poll or ranking I could find anywhere with Connecticut lower than fourth, except for Creme who still apparently has them 7th (based on being in Stanford's bracket). He came right out and said that Indiana got put back on the top line because Grace Berger returned (Indiana is 5th or 6th in every poll/ranking I saw). Does this mean Connecticut gets put back on the top line as soon as Fudd returns?
Polls have nothing to do with NCAA tournament seeding. It’s based more on who you play, where you play, and other. See below.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Welcome Baylor. Welcome back AZ and MD. Adios VA Tech, OR, KS. Very little movement this week (1 up, 2 down, 1 region) so are we settled, or did the games over the last week not control the narrative of this week's bracket? Hmm.
1673444934339.png

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I would say yes to that IF they were ranked in the lower half of the top 10. Right now, they are ranked #4, and any movement above that will need a loss by Ohio State, Stanford, or SC, although SC may retain their ranking unless they are beaten by a bad team. As far as bracketology, I think they should move up, but again, the way this stupid system works, someone above them would have to lose.

Reaction Score
Obviously he has no love of the BE. Look at his bubble list which includes one of the BE teams in each listing. So St. Johns, currently 15-1, whose only loss was to another team in the tourney is the first team out of a 68 team field??? While I would expect that they will get 2 more losses (at least) this season because of UConn. It makes me wonder if the only reason he has UConn in the field is that currently it is the automatic qualifier!

Reaction Score
As usual, Charlie Creme does his 5 minute effort to come up with brackets... he uses no real logic, just belly rubs, and what will get the UCONN fans up in arms. Thankfully, this bracket MEANS NOTHING... and is not worth the electrons that made it up.
I don't know how much he puts into it, but clearly Creme is aware of the Uconn fan base, and he wants to drive clicks and eyeballs to the ESPN site. Saying the brackets are the same as last week doesn't drive people to take a look. Creating controversy from a business standpoint is good strategy. Giving the most followed program a rating that fires up the fan base and causes them to look is a better business strategy than giving them a rating closer to expectations.

Not sure that is his motivation, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was.

Reaction Score
I don't know how much he puts into it, but clearly Creme is aware of the Uconn fan base, and he wants to drive clicks and eyeballs to the ESPN site. Saying the brackets are the same as last week doesn't drive people to take a look. Creating controversy from a business standpoint is good strategy. Giving the most followed program a rating that fires up the fan base and causes them to look is a better business strategy than giving them a rating closer to expectations.

Not sure that is his motivation, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was.
Agreed... funny though... today's big article on ESPN NCAAW is about the three writers picks for final 4 and POY... All 3 writers put UCONN as likely in the Final 4, INCLUDING Charlie...which in theory is in conflict with his bracketology from just 1 day prior when he puts UCONN as a 2 Seed and presumably #7 overall.

Reaction Score
Obviously even Creme thinks his current bracket is nonsense, since he has two teams in the same bracket making the Final Four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom