The View From Section 241 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I started a thread right before the Buffalo game that I was ready for the Nebrich era to begin. I thought that was the time to do it.

Fully acknowledging that I don't see practices or study film, I was ok with JM playing through the recent stretch. And, coming off a win against USF is not the right time to make a change.

But, that time has come now. I will be a lot less forgiving if JM is still out there. If it gets ugly at home, the boo birds will come out and it won't be pretty. I will be a lot more tolerant if we finish the season 2-2 with a young kid you are grooming for the future.

Reaction Score
I started a thread right before the Buffalo game that I was ready for the Nebrich era to begin. I thought that was the time to do it.

Fully acknowledging that I don't see practices or study film, I was ok with JM playing through the recent stretch. And, coming off a win against USF is not the right time to make a change.

But, that time has come now. I will be a lot less forgiving if JM is still out there. If it gets ugly at home, the boo birds will come out and it won't be pretty. I will be a lot more tolerant if we finish the season 2-2 with a young kid you are grooming for the future.
I was privliged to have been at a couple of the early practices and thought at that time that Nebrich would be the starter even before the Box news came out.

Reaction Score
I sat with Michael Box at The Pitt game. Yes he came to watch his old teammates. We chatted about how he and Cody now find themselves competing for nearby schools. There was alot of good natured ribbing. He loves where he's at. He's happy. I'll leave unsaid what his impressions were about our current trio of QB's.

Reaction Score
I sat with Michael Box at The Pitt game. Yes he came to watch his old teammates. We chatted about how he and Cody now find themselves competing for nearby schools. There was alot of good natured ribbing. He loves where he's at. He's happy. I'll leave unsaid what his impressions were about our current trio of QB's.
Super. Thanks. Now I gotta know. Is there a political slant to why Nebrich isn't playing? Wasn't his guy kind of thing? Ugh I'd love to hear what he thinks. I'd also love to hear what Mr. Nebrich really thinks. (FYI if you read this, do NOT respond... lol but I'm sure he's smarter than that anyway.) I wish Mac were getting it done, but he's just not. I've been a big supporter all along, but we have to do SOMETHING. Anything at this point. I still can't believe that they played so absolutely awfully Wednesday.) Thankfully unlike seemingly everyone else here, I don't have the answer. I can still just watch, throw around some sarcasm here and hope for better.

Reaction Score

Really is kinda bad form to throw something like that out there knowing you can't or won't divulge the info.

Reaction Score
By the way: for all the people who thought P was such a huge upgrade coming in, are you really, really confident that MIchael Box might not have been our best shot at having a winning season this year? I'm not saying he is better than any or all of the three who have played, but how confident can you be?

Reaction Score
Nostical- no surprise Box would not hold back commentary on the QB trio. I know I would. Let me guess, it wasn't positive? He had three years to prove he was worthy and it just didn't work out.

Reaction Score
By the way: for all the people who thought P was such a huge upgrade coming in, are you really, really confident that MIchael Box might not have been our best shot at having a winning season this year? I'm not saying he is better than any or all of the three who have played, but how confident can you be?

Where is the HOW DO YOU KNOW BL guy, has he turned into the HOW CONFIDENT ARE YOU guy? How do you know (Opps - How confident are you) Easley was ready before his 4 years and 4 game WR apprenticeship under the offensive guru hcRE. How do you know (Opps - How confident are you) that Nebrich is the best choice at QB when you have never been to practice?

Seems like when you don't like the direction of the "supposition" its HOW DO YOU KNOW; when you want to pull one out of your butt its HOW CONFIDENT ARE YOU.

I know that I'm pretty confident that if the current 2-5 coach of the Maryland team that go 2 votes in the preseason AP poll was coach of Uconn this season rather than his dream team, JMc would not be starting game 9 for Uconn.

Reaction Score
Well, one difference is that we had one coaching staff who thought Box was better and one who thought JM was better, and I'm just asking how JM's performance makes anyone sure the current staff was right? I'm not sure Box would do better than JM. I'm not sure why you expect me to say I am when I'm not just because ... well, I don't even get because why. Because you're "quoting" things I said two years ago without looking up the wording? LOL.

In Easley's case, there was no one, including on this board, demanding he get more playing time until after he started performing on the field.

Seems to me there is a difference between siding with one coaching staff versus another coaching staff on a personnel decision versus siding with a bulletin board over a coaching staff on a decision, but if only I see that so be it.

Reaction Score
only good thing about Box is that he could tuck it and run so he without any difference in their passing abilities gives defense another thing to defend over JM. JM is not good at either so a running QB looks real attractive at this point.

Reaction Score

You can't be confident in saying that he wasn't our best shot but given the performance last year vs. Louisville you also can't be confident that he would've been our best shot.

Reaction Score
only good thing about Box is that he could tuck it and run so he without any difference in their passing abilities gives defense another thing to defend over JM. JM is not good at either so a running QB looks real attractive at this point.
I saw all 4 in practice, and thought Nebrich was way better than Mac or McCummings and slightly better than Box. The kid can pass, can run, can read defenses and is not afraid to get hit. I think what Nostical was referring to in not disclosing what Box told him wasn't necessarily that he was better than the other 3 but thought the wrong QB was on the field at the Pitt game. Most of the beat writers who were at the practices I was at thought the same thing BTW. The kid is green as far as college goes but he is by far our best option IMO.

Reaction Score
You can't be confident in saying that he wasn't our best shot but given the performance last year vs. Louisville you also can't be confident that he would've been our best shot.

Please read my post -- I'm not confident that Box was our best shot. I did not say that and I'm not sure he is. I was just raising the question, that's all.

What many people did conclude after the first two games is that even if JM was our best QB, we weren't going to win without a QB who could use his legs. I still believe that, but I do so still respecting the fact that Coach P is much better positioned to make that call than I am.

Reaction Score
There were a lot of people wondering how Easley could catch 11 passes in the spring game and not warrant ever being thrown to never mind ahead of a skinny freshman named Difton early in the season.

Not expecting you to say you know when you can't know, just that you jump on anyone who suggests someone like Nebrich might be better (never saying they know) with you saying always (when convenient to your argument) "you weren't there how could you know" when ovbiously they couldn't know just were "more confident than not" that there was enough to question the current "decision".

Reaction Score
Please read my post -- I'm not confident that Box was our best shot. I did not say that and I'm not sure he is. I was just raising the question, that's all.

What many people did conclude after the first two games is that even if JM was our best QB, we weren't going to win without a QB who could use his legs. I still believe that, but I do so still respecting the fact that Coach P is much better positioned to make that call than I am.

Well, I wasn't really saying you were confident, I was saying that you can't in general be confident either way. It's interesting that you think a moving quarterback can make up for the lack of passing, I think that's because we saw Tyler as an upgrade from Bones/DJ and assume that would translate today in a new system but I wouldn't be confident about that either. Heck, what is there to be confident about these days with realignment and the record we have so far it's quite a deflated situation. I'm a glass half-full type of person and I'm just struggling with it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom