The View From Section 241 -- Syracuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 -- Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So what you're saying is that I have to sit through two more years of this and then hope the AD -- whoever THAT is in two years -- hires someone better?

Yeesh.

If that's how it goes down, I'm afraid you'll be largely watching by yourself at the end of those two years. Sadly, there won't be much of any fanbase left by then.

Reaction Score
The slot receiver on Etta-Tawo's side was running at Watkins all day ... there was no way Summers was ever getting any safety help over the top.

If we had 5 DB's in the game?

Reaction Score
If that's how it goes down, I'm afraid you'll be largely watching by yourself at the end of those two years. Sadly, there won't be much of any fanbase left by then.
The fanbase really is in delicate state at the moment. I think bringing in Aspire is a sign the school sees it.

Reaction Score
The slot receiver on Etta-Tawo's side was running at Watkins all day ... there was no way Summers was ever getting any safety help over the top.

No -- that's a decision we get to make. If you have a 5th DB in, you can tell the extra back that your first job is giving Jamar help deep. yes, it means you're defending the other 10 men with 9, but if over half the yards are being given up to one wideout why wouldn't you try it?

Reaction Score

... and Erv Phillips (West Haven HS) still got 6 passes. It was a pick your poison, unfortunately we gulped the lethal fast acting one.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I was looking to rotate a safety over during the game, but with them going 3 wide, the nickel was the way to go. We could have still stuffed their run game if you swapped a LB for a third Safety.

There were also plenty of chances to substitute players as the orange did sub on their own and didn't up tempo every play.

Reaction Score
The fanbase really is in delicate state at the moment. I think bringing in Aspire is a sign the school sees it.
I hope Aspire is rolling up their sleeves,because I don't think there is a fan base out there that is in such a fragile state as this one.This is gonna be a difficult task to hold together and bring in more.

Reaction Score
I hope Aspire is rolling up their sleeves,because I don't think there is a fan base out there that is in such a fragile state as this one.This is gonna be a difficult task to hold together and bring in more.
Bad and boring football is a recipe for disaster. We've been both for too long. Bob needs to win. He also can't have us that do show up battling to not punch yourself in the face when he tries to run it in 4 straight times from the 8.

Reaction Score
So if it's so impossible to get help on a player if a team does this then why doesn't every team do this and get their best receiver one on one. Hmmmmm, maybe it's because the defensive scheme UConn chose that caused this and made help impossible (not sure it did but don't know so how do I challenge your statement) ISN'T THE ONLY POSSIBLE DEFENSIVE SCHEME THAT A DEFENSE CAN PLAY!

Reaction Score
I've said the same thing as noey since the Maine game. If you play bad boring football, make the same mistakes over and over the non-hardcore fans you need to reach will not be there. This is one reason I think Diaco in on a hotter seat than most. The new AD is focused on improving attendance. A bad team works completely counter to that plan and one that is boring except for the final 30 seconds is worse. Warde hired Diaco not Benedict. So there is no loyalty there and no reason to give him another chance. If Diaco doesn't turn things around pretty quickly he could be gone in December. If he isn't fired you can be sure that he will have a very short leash in 2017. If there is not significant progress then he will be out the door. A dismal start and he might not make Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom