The View From Section 241 -- Preseason Prediction | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 -- Preseason Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe Carl wants to see football played on a ship like they do with basketball

U

UConn9604

I have to hand it to Carl -- that was as successful an effort at squelching a discussion that was actually about UConn football as this board has ever seen.

My fault. I did like the Farragut/Hartford reference, however...

Reaction Score
My fault. I did like the Farragut/Hartford reference, however...

No need to apologize. If you had a differing opinion then some on here you would be chastised! However ... you added value to this board by eduating us all about how well the navy drives their subs! ;)

I work in manufacturing and we built a lot of machined components for the LA, Seawolf, and now Virginia Class subs. We get called in to supplier quality seminars every now and then and the Navy brass hammers home lessons learned from the Thresher and the supplier's responsibility to the crew. I asked him why he never talked about lessons learned from Scorpioin? Not well received ... :(

Reaction Score
Blame rain cloud eeyore whaler for dumping on my damn the torpedoes post with the SSN-768. He doesn't do that, and I let it be. I had to try to turn that around somehow.

We do need a football team that's ready to do battle, come hell or high water, and that can be durable and not sink when taking lumps and knocked around a bit, and we need leadership that's not asleep at the post, so it all fits.

Somebody needs to take the wheel and steer this thing. We've got some captains on this squad now. All aboard the USS Hartford. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. We are going to hang 60 on everybody.

Farragut.jpg

Reaction Score
Blame rain cloud eeyore whaler for dumping on my damn the torpedoes post with the SSN-768. He doesn't do that, and I let it be. I had to try to turn that around somehow.

We do need a football team that's ready to do battle, come hell or high water, and that can be durable and not sink when taking lumps and knocked around a bit, and we need leadership that's not asleep at the post, so it all fits.

Somebody needs to take the wheel and steer this thing. We've got some captains on this squad now. All aboard the USS Hartford. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. We are going to hang 60 on everybody.

View attachment 1154

My favorite part about that photo is that whomever mans the wheel can't actually see where he's going.

Reaction Score
I have to hand it to Carl -- that was as successful an effort at squelching a discussion that was actually about UConn football as this board has ever seen.

I don't know, the civil war one recently that came out of some kind of northern vs. southern football thing, was pretty darn impressive, and I didn't have a hand in getting that one turned down that road, although I sure didn't try to stop it.

Reaction Score
I don't know, the civil war one recently that came out of some kind of northern vs. southern football thing, was pretty darn impressive, and I didn't have a hand in getting that one turned down that road, although I sure didn't try to stop it.

About UConn football was the key phrase. Threads that aren't directly relevant to UConn football get turned all the time.

Reaction Score
About UConn football was the key phrase. Threads that aren't directly relevant to UConn football get turned all the time.

I'm not apologizing for the thread going this way..... Nah Nah NaNa Nah. I have my first amendment rights you know.

Reaction Score
I'm not apologizing for the thread going this way..... Nah Nah NaNa Nah. I have my first amendment rights you know.

Not looking for an apology. Just don't rush to tell people we don't spend enough time talking about UConn football in the near future.

That's all I'm sayin.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Ummm. I think you hold the record for turning threads into Edsall threads

Reaction Score
There already was a 2012 prediction thread that went 9 pages deep, this one seemed a bit redundant

Reaction Score
I wrote a post that gave somebody chills.

That sound you may hear is me patting myself on my back. I'm double jointed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

View attachment 1154

Yeah pass the blame. Maybe, and I know I'm thinking out of the box here... but if you just stopped talking about Navy and boats for a while that might help champ.

Reaction Score
Foe heaven's sake ... now we're complaining on whether a post is off-topic or not and who has the right to add a semi-non related to uconn football post in a thread entitled Pre-Season Predictions!

My word people ... is this what David Farragut fought for??? "Damn the torpedos!!! .... Kick this season off already!!!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This thread needs more mixed metaphors. Instead of pulling back on the reigns, we need to step on the gas pedal and raise the sails to full mast. Our defense will tenderize UMass's quarterback. We're gonna see a Whitmer aerial assault, peppering the defense like swiss cheese. Then McCombs pounds it in the trenches, rubbing salt in the wounds and finally Phillips and Smith will hit it out of the park. Slam Dunk!

Reaction Score
This thread needs more mixed metaphors. Instead of pulling back on the reigns, we need to step on the gas pedal and raise the sails to full mast. Our defense will tenderize UMass's quarterback. We're gonna see a Whitmer aerial assault, peppering the defense like swiss cheese. Then McCombs pounds it in the trenches, rubbing salt in the wounds and finally Phillips and Smith will hit it out of the park. Slam Dunk!

Now that, my friend, is a post!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
damn, I forgot to throw in some boxing metaphors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom