The View From Section 241 — Buffalo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 — Buffalo

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
First home game the kids made an effort. Hopefully we will see more students on Saturday
The second game was packed also. So yesterday was the outlier. And I don't have any clue as to why, especially since the football product continues to get better and better...

Reaction Score
The second game was packed also. So yesterday was the outlier. And I don't have any clue as to why, especially since the football product continues to get better and better...
Early game, 5-6 weeks into the semester, academic pressure ramping up, less sleep, alcoholic pressure relief Friday night, catch up on sleep and recover from Friday alcohol therapy, go to Soccer game
Big student crowd at Temple

Reaction Score
Nice write up.

A couple of things. The return of UConn having a punt returner is a welcome addition. Towards the end of RE 2.0 UConn was literally just letting punts roll or fair catching everything. Having Sheffield back there is great.

I mentioned in the now locked thread about what we were looking for in yesterday's game and I mentioned I wanted Evers running less and dishing off more. We see the results. As others have said in other threads, Evers is 6'0" and maybe 200lbs. He isn't built to take the beating of running 15 times a game............

That being said, future RPO QB's can see Sammis runs an offense which allows for a RPO QB to excel. If there's a 6'2" 215-220 lbs QB out there, UConn has game film to show that potential recruit how they can excel at UConn.

Speaking of coordinators,,,,,,,right now UConn has its best pair of coordinators since_________________???? Brock and Sammis have done a great job putting playmakers in position to excel.

Love how the defense is starting to wrap up the ball carrier and gang tackling. UConn's stunts and blitzes yesterday had Buffalo completely confused.

The slant pass TD from Fagnano to Bell was beautiful because both inside LB's bit on the run and left the middle of the field wide open. I don't know enough to know what it was with the formation that got both of the LB's to abandon the middle of the field near the goal line, but it worked.

Kudos to the RB's who have embraced the rotation and every one getting some. Also, the RB's as a whole have done a great job picking up blitzes and giving UConn's QBs that extra bit of breathing room.

UConn has just seal clubbed two bad teams in a row. I'd like to point out over the past decade, UConn has routinely lost, and lost big, to other FBS bottom dwellers and has also lost to FCS schools. UConn is playing and looking like a 50-70 range school right now and building confidence.

3-2 with four more games in a row at the Rent. There is a strong probability UConn will be bowl eligible before their next road game.
Evers is listed at 6’3”, 195#. But I agree he’s running too much. He’s no David Pindell.

Reaction Score
Have they put up QR code on the video board that you could scan to donate to NIL? If they haven't yet, they should. When people are feeling good they might want to help more.
I am a heavy minus on the usefulness of QR codes at that kind of a distance but I can see doing something

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom