"The vibes are still good" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"The vibes are still good"

Reaction Score
Here:

Thank you non panicking nor rabble rousing adult without the torches in my front yard stirring it up!! These people starting things at the first chance to get some responses and think that the real video would be out. That is absolutely reckless. Ollie was actually a bit snarky with the reporter too.

Reaction Score
Thank you non panicking nor rabble rousing adult without the torches in my front yard stirring it up!! These people starting things at the first chance to get some responses and think that the real video would be out. That is absolutely reckless. Ollie was actually a bit snarky with the reporter too.
You can say what you want about inciting mob rule...a fair Majority of us on here have seen this show already! Ollie is doing to this program what Perno did...running it into the ground!! So spare us the bs Please!

Reaction Score
Good thing our "vibes" are good. How much worse would we be with bad "vibes"?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The question wasn’t really about the game - it was about the NCAA investigation and whether that was having an impact on the players.

The question asked if the vibes were still good with the players in terms of the NCAA deal.

Ahh. In that context it's fine.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
“We just got embarrassed for 40 minutes. I hope the vibes AREN’T good. My job is to get them back to being good and winning will do that. But no, the vibes ain’t real good right now.” Was that not an option?
What does that have to do with The NCAA BS?

Reaction Score
You can say what you want about inciting mob rule...a fair Majority of us on here have seen this show already! Ollie is doing to this program what Perno did...running it into the ground!! So spare us the bs Please!

Actually unfair to Dom in the fact he didn't have the same program handed off to him so in fairness he didn't run it into the ground. He just kind of kept it where it was with no huge expectations other than the occasional landing in the Top 25 or "Also Receiving Votes" citing. We aren't in that situation as a 4X NC so this is the most definitive description of running something into the ground because it was so high above ground level.

Reaction Score
Actually unfair to Dom in the fact he didn't have the same program handed off to him so in fairness he didn't run it into the ground. He just kind of kept it where it was with no huge expectations other than the occasional landing in the Top 25 or "Also Receiving Votes" citing. We aren't in that situation as a 4X NC so this is the most definitive description of running something into the ground because it was so high above ground level.
All fairness to Dom...he took what Rowe gave him...landed a occasional recruit you mentioned and proceeded to barely make the 8/9 game of the BE tournament. Last I remember Dom Perno never held another mbb head coaching job either. I’m not going to debate you on whether Dom Perno was a good basketball coach or not..his record and the fact he was fired by John Toner states that he wasn’t ....I’m also not here to debate whether he was a good guy or not because that I know he was.

Reaction Score
All fairness to Dom...he took what Rowe gave him...landed a occasional recruit you mentioned and proceeded to barely make the 8/9 game of the BE tournament. Last I remember Dom Perno never held another mbb head coaching job either. I’m not going to debate you on whether Dom Perno was a good basketball coach or not..his record and the fact he was fired by John Toner states that he wasn’t ....I’m also not here to debate whether he was a good guy or not because that I know he was.

If you've seen my posts on his teams you will realize I thought he was dreadful as a coach, did nothing with a few very good teams. My point is only with a small portion of sarcasm that he just wasn't gifted as significantly as KO was, all in a nutshell so he didn't have those huge expectations. Nonetheless it would seem they are similar in results as far as coaching.

Reaction Score
If you've seen my posts on his teams you will realize I thought he was dreadful as a coach, did nothing with a few very good teams. My point is only with a small portion of sarcasm that he just wasn't gifted as significantly as KO was, all in a nutshell so he didn't have those huge expectations. Nonetheless it would seem they are similar in results as far as coaching.
I think when things come full circle that the second time is always worst than the first. In what we are seeing from KO it is a thousand fold worse because of where he and Perno respectfully recieved their programs. I agree with you 100% that Perno isn’t as gifted as KO..although if we look closely at things Perno May be a better x’s & O’s Guy (that isn’t all that hard considering the fact I’m not sure KO really knows X’s & O’s

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom