The Upcoming Season, This Team, and Songs That Get Your Feet Moving | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Upcoming Season, This Team, and Songs That Get Your Feet Moving

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

'make my day.
make my day-yee-aah.
make my day.'

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'nobody got nuthin on us,
don't hate on us...'

'that's what we do
that's who we be...'

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I've never been a dancer. In fact I've been playing music since I was about 8 and have never even tapped my foot. So this one doesn't get my feet moving, but it does make me think of UConn basketball, which is all about discipline. The piece, and Coach Auriemma's system, seems very simple, but when you peel away the layers of the onion, you keep finding more and more. It's another youtube gem, as I'd never seen a live performance of it. Four guys making this sound, although Tony Levin on the Stick counts as two. (ETA: dammit, they took the video I was looking for down.)

Reaction Score
If this doesn't get your feet tapping I don't know what will. A wild 13 minutes! Video not great but the sound is fine. Turn up the volume!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If this doesn't get your feet tapping I don't know what will. A wild 13 minutes! Video not great but the sound is fine. Turn up the volume!

I've never seen a pedal-steel played quite like that. Way cool!

Reaction Score
I've never been a dancer. In fact I've been playing music since I was about 8 and have never even tapped my foot. So this one doesn't get my feet moving, but it does make me think of UConn basketball, which is all about discipline. The piece, and Coach Auriemma's system, seems very simple, but when you peel away the layers of the onion, you keep finding more and more. It's another youtube gem, as I'd never seen a live performance of it. Four guys making this sound, although Tony Levin on the Stick counts as two. (ETA: dammit, they took the video I was looking for down.)

"Songs That Get Your Feet Moving" doesn't mean you gotta dance. I suppose you don't even have to tap your foot. It does mean you have to have the beat in your heart and in your soul, and if you're a fan of UConn WBB, then your heart and soul are beating at least to the "thump, thump" of the ball on the court.

There are songs submitted in this thread that would be great ones for use in actual games.

Reaction Score
I've never seen a pedal-steel played quite like that. Way cool!
For sure, and Sacred Steel is another way to go. I found this one in a record store on Beale Street in Memphis. They played it loud and it froze the store. I bought it right then. That's Aubrey Ghent on Lap Steel.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A home game for the UConn women and a Billy Idol concert have a lot in common when it comes to intensity. Billy would be a great opening act for the Huskies at Gampel. :D

I'm a fan of both.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
For sure, and Sacred Steel is another way to go. I found this one in a record store on Beale Street in Memphis. They played it loud and it froze the store. I bought it right then. That's Aubrey Ghent on Lap Steel.

Last time that happened to me was in Cutler’s in New Haven in 1981. It was a Connecticut progressive rock band called Holding Pattern. AFAIK they only made the one album, and it’s available on YT:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom