The Underappreciation Of Andre Drummond | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Underappreciation Of Andre Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
You didn't. You created a hypothetical in which Alex did something dumb to lose the game for us.
My counsel - let it go.

+1

We can talk about a player's struggles without assuming they'd automatically lose us game in a tight situation.

Reaction Score
I agree, there's no limit to Drummonds upside. As the season progresses he will continue to get better, I believe by the middle of the season he will be putting up 15-18pts, 10+ rebounds and probably 2-5 blocks. I also think Boatright will be a big contributor and that you will see Napier, Lamb, Boatright, Drummond and AO/Olander as the starting lineup. You just can't teach athleticism and size and Drummond is a freak, so unfortunately I think he will be gone after this year.

Reaction Score
I agree, there's no limit to Drummonds upside. As the season progresses he will continue to get better, I believe by the middle of the season he will be putting up 15-18pts, 10+ rebounds and probably 2-5 blocks. I also think Boatright will be a big contributor and that you will see Napier, Lamb, Boatright, Drummond and AO/Olander as the starting lineup. You just can't teach athleticism and size and Drummond is a freak, so unfortunately I think he will be gone after this year.

Reaction Score

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
For those people that have not been around this forum (or any other one for that matter) you have to understand that there is no IQ test to post. There is no age limit- nor do you have to be a positive or loyal fan- you just sign in and type whatever you want.

As for our team this year- we are a work in progress AD included. We have the potential to be a top 10 team and to get to the FF but we are not a polished team filled with upper classmen like OSU or UNC and unlike Uk we lost our leader (they are more used to changing theirs every year). Quse plays zone (losers) and can play 12 deep and Lville has like 40 players on their roster.

We are still trying to find our starting line up let alone the chemistry needed to comfortably win games. Anyone that watched our first several games could tell that we have all the pieces to be mentioned in the same breath as the teams listed above- but we were certainly not playing like most of them yet.

The great news IMHO- is that our back court looks great- really good. With the addition of RB we are going to be as good as anyone. I thought this would be our main weakness this year- it's not. With DD, ,RS and NG I was and I still am not worried about the 3G spot.

Question. Does anyone really think that AD and AO (TO) and not going to get their collective together and play well by the end of the year? I am not worried. AO proved he could man the middle against the best teams in the country last year and we simply got better with the addition of AD.

WE ARE DOOMED!
No drug or sobriety tests required either. Good thing otherwise this board could find itself empty.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
4896.jpg

Reaction Score
It won't be long until the NBA lottery drawing is called "The Andre Drummond Sweepstakes". What's the current over / under on Andre's first SI cover? I'm guessing it will be before Feb 24.

Reaction Score
Comparing Drummond's athletic ability to Dwight Howard is an insult to Drummond. He' more like a 6-11 Lebron.

Reaction Score
Comparing Drummond's athletic ability to Dwight Howard is an insult to Drummond. He' more like a 6-11 Lebron.
Also an insult to Drummond. Andre actually shows up in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
LeBron plays in the third quarter, and thats the second half. But seriously Drummond is like some Amare/Dwight/LeBron/Webber combo manchild thing. Once he has a more refined jump shot how does one guard him?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

There I was contemplating life's great issues while spelling my name in the toilet (in cursive too) when I came up with a good comparison for raw athleticism. The dunk against Snooki U and the dunks tonight are not moves made in game by normal 6'10" 270 lbs 18 year olds.

He is similar in size, age and ability to Chocolate Thunder himself, Darryl Dawkins. Hopefully Andre continues to develop his talent in to superior basketball skills, but DD was the original freakishly athletic man-child.

Wilt the Stilt is still the greatest athlete to excel at center but he wasn't nearly as large this early in his career. He continued growing in to his 30's and 40's but was, relatively speaking, thin for as a teen.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
It is surreal when you see a performance like AD had tonight and then remind yourself that he's still pretty raw. His talent and athleticism are a frightening combo.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Can we all agree that Drummond is a bust though?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can we all agree that Drummond is a bust though?

No.

Well, technically he would have been a bust but he bought Kwame Brown's DVD set on how to be a really good center.

Reaction Score
I really like how he responded to Jones' constant trash talking. best way way to shut him up.

Reaction Score
I really like how he responded to Jones' constant trash talking. best way way to shut him up.

Yeah Jones gave him a little pop and then flopped on the ensuing forearm in the post to draw a foul - then turned and taunted him after a put-back. Senior taunting a freshman would usually cause the freshman to come unglued. The opposite happened - Jones got punked down the stretch and was reduced to chucking contested threes. Scoreboard, bitch.

Reaction Score
hes 18 years old,has no post moves and a low jumper. when this kid develops hes going to be beyond scary. i honestly think he should stay another year to develop his post game so he doesnt struggle as badlywhen he gets to the nba which is a tough way to learn how to play in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom