The UCONN team that beat ND earlier in year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The UCONN team that beat ND earlier in year

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Notre Dame should overwhelm us with their starting 5 if they bring their A game...I think (surprise) we actually have a better bench.
They played a lousy game in the Fall, can't count on that again.
They seem to be coming together.
But (of late) Geno has surprised them...maybe it will happen again.
For the others...we lost to Baylor and L'ville and MS is a problem as well. One could name others...
It will be a masterful coaching job if Geno pulls it off...one of his greatest.
Can't really see it

Reaction Score
Gee...I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:Head bang[/QUOTE

Goes to show ya: A nice person can find something good even in Sarcastic remarks-He says facetiously. (He hopes)--Never the less, should Uconn meet: Ms St, ND, Baylor, Louisville, Oregon, Oregon st. I hope they play their ND game not the Cinci game.
Peaking--Peaking at the right time has usually been the characteristic of a Geno FF team.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame should overwhelm us with their starting 5 if they bring their A game...I think (surprise) we actually have a better bench.
They played a lousy game in the Fall, can't count on that again.
They seem to be coming together.
But (of late) Geno has surprised them...maybe it will happen again.
For the others...we lost to Baylor and L'ville and MS is a problem as well. One could name others...
It will be a masterful coaching job if Geno pulls it off...one of his greatest.
Can't really see it
Aw Crap! To drag a team out of the rag tag group plus 3 is an amazing coaching job. This has been a terrible year for Geno. His louzy bench became ok to pretty darn good. The 3 became 5 then the five to 6 then the 6 to 7. If that isn't forcing whipped cream out of sour milk --what is?

Reaction Score
What I will never see or believe in is any chorus that says that "refs are often the deciding factor in close games". Players decide games!
Coco it is with great trepidation that I take a different view, I'm not dumb enough to disagree. Your point that games are lost long before the final score or the ref's making bad decision is more than factual, mostly. A game or three in my view that I have seen have been decided by a call that better had been a "no call". But Geno believes as you do. If you lose a game by one basket --there was a shot or defense missed early on that could have won the game.

Reaction Score
What I will never see or believe in is any chorus that says that "refs are often the deciding factor in close games". Players decide games!
Semantics. How about if I say it is often compared to the never you would like to believe. Or, often relative to what we would like it to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom