The Uconn perception by some FBS fandoms | The Boneyard

The Uconn perception by some FBS fandoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boy, talk about perception.

Fans of Vanderbilt are concerned that with the departure of Franklin, their team could become another UConn.

The last three years Franklin provided Nashville with a team that could compete in the SEC and, win or lose, play an exciting game. They managed to beat some pretty good SEC teams during that span, which was a far cry from traditional history before his arrival. He achieved that by recruiting better athletes, which is tough enough considering the academic challenges at Vanderbilt sort of restricts his pool,

The fans were excited about the class of 2014.......until he left with some of the better prospectives for that class,

My brother, being a Vanderbilt volunteer on game day says now the general buzz among fans, alumni. and students is they are concerned that the current coach may not maintain Franklins success and future athletes and ultimately the program will "fall to the level of UConn". He says its even talked about in papers and radio sport talk shows

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As much as we suck right now, I'd rather be us than Vanderbilt. At least we know we can compete under the right circumstances. Vandy's best is making a bowl game.

Reaction Score
As much as we suck right now, I'd rather be us than Vanderbilt. At least we know we can compete under the right circumstances. Vandy's best is making a bowl game.

Not sure that I agree with this. What exactly would we be competing for?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We've seen teams ascend to the big money conferences. We've never seen Vandy win anything. So, if I have to pick based on ceiling, I'd still pick us.

Also, still pick us over Cuse, Pitt, Wake, and a few others.

Reaction Score
We're not even a joke anymore. We're that "horror story" nobody wants any part of now.

"Well it's pretty bad, but at least it's not UConn football bad!!"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The thing is I don't see an easy way out. In year one or two with P at least you could point to questionable play calling and say well we could easily have won a couple more games and gone to a bowl game. This year it's just a nightmare. I just kind of stare at the screen slack jawed and shaking my head. I know it is always darkest before the dawn but it's like 7:15 pm and pitch black.

Reaction Score
Stupid basketball team accentuating just how awful our football has gotten!

Reaction Score
Again ...

You all are miserable. Got to stop the rain from falling on your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom