OT: - the UConn Huskies Alumni League | The Boneyard

OT: the UConn Huskies Alumni League

Reaction Score
I have decided to start a new basketball league here in Connecticut. It’s called the UConn Huskies Alumni League. There will be four teams. An Expansion Draft of all former UConn Alum that played for the Huskies since the 1995 Championship season are eligible. Team owner Kerry Bascom drew the longest straw and will have first pick. Followed by Team Megan Pattyson second; Team Wendy Davis third and Team Debbie Baer fourth. Then back and forth in reverse order until 12 player rosters are filled. Commissioner Geno Auriemma is at the podium to announce selections. With the First Pick Team Bascom selects Four Time NCAA Champion Breanna Stewart. Team Pattyson follows with UConn’s All-time leading scorer Maya Moore. Those two were predicted to be the first picks going either way. Now the fun starts. Team Davis picks WNBA leading scorer Diana Taurasi and Team Baer closes the First Round with WNBA’s greatest point guard of time Sue Bird. As mentioned in reverse order next up in the Second Round is Team Baer once again. Who do they select or do they trade the pick? And so on…. Have fun and fill in either with one player or others:

Team Bascom -- Breanna Stewart;

Team Pattyson -- Maya Moore;

Team Davis -- Diana Taurasi;

Team Baer -- Sue Bird;

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have decided to start a new basketball league here in Connecticut. It’s called the UConn Huskies Alumni League. There will be four teams. An Expansion Draft of all former UConn Alum that played for the Huskies since the 1995 Championship season are eligible. Team owner Kerry Bascom drew the longest straw and will have first pick. Followed by Team Megan Pattyson second; Team Wendy Davis third and Team Debbie Baer fourth. Then back and forth in reverse order until 12 player rosters are filled. Commissioner Geno Auriemma is at the podium to announce selections. With the First Pick Team Bascom selects Four Time NCAA Champion Breanna Stewart. Team Pattyson follows with UConn’s All-time leading scorer Maya Moore. Those two were predicted to be the first picks going either way. Now the fun starts. Team Davis picks WNBA leading scorer Diana Taurasi and Team Baer closes the First Round with WNBA’s greatest point guard of time Sue Bird. As mentioned in reverse order next up in the Second Round is Team Baer once again. Who do they select or do they trade the pick? And so on…. Have fun and fill in either with one player or others:

Team Bascom -- Breanna Stewart;

Team Pattyson -- Maya Moore;

Team Davis -- Diana Taurasi;

Team Baer -- Sue Bird;
2nd round

Team Bascom -- Breanna Stewart; Nykesha Sales

Team Pattyson -- Maya Moore; Moriah Jefferson

Team Davis -- Diana Taurasi; Rebecca Lobo

Team Baer -- Sue Bird; Tina Charles

Reaction Score
2nd round

3rd Round is up: Team Bascom has the pick.

The Boneyard is Broadcasting the Expansion Draft live. Announcer Laura Lishness said that she was surprised by the MoJeff pick. She has Paige Bueckers as next on her best available list. Then followed by Swin Cash, Katie Lou Samuelson, Svetlana Abrosimova and Jenn Rizzotti.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

The Boneyard is Broadcasting the Expansion Draft live. Announcer Laura Lishness said that she was surprised by the MoJeff pick. She has Paige Bueckers as next on her best available list. Then followed by Swin Cash, Katie Lou Samuelson, Svetlana Abrosimova and Jenn Rizzotti.
Laura didn't read the OP. Alumni. Bueckers doesn't qualify. She shouldn't be surprised by Jefferson's selection. Jefferson was arguably he best UCONN guard ever.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Well if nobody else is doing it, I'll do the next round.

Team Bascom -- Breanna Stewart; Nykesha Sales, Jen Rizzotti

Team Pattyson -- Maya Moore; Moriah Jefferson, Stef Dolson,

Team Davis -- Diana Taurasi; Rebecca Lobo, Sveta Abrosimova,

Team Baer -- Sue Bird; Tina Charles, Napheesa Collier

Have to remember, you want to pick the top player available, but you have to pick what you need (positions) also.

Reaction Score
Well if nobody else is doing it, I'll do the next round.

Team Bascom -- Breanna Stewart; Nykesha Sales, Jen Rizzotti

Team Pattyson -- Maya Moore; Moriah Jefferson, Stef Dolson,

Team Davis -- Diana Taurasi; Rebecca Lobo, Sveta Abrosimova,

Team Baer -- Sue Bird; Tina Charles, Napheesa Collier

Have to remember, you want to pick the top player available, but you have to pick what you need (positions) also.

Smart picks my friend. Point Guards and Centers will go quick. We are now up to the 4th Round. Since you and I are the only ones that want to play I'll take the Fouth.

Team Bascom -- Breanna Stewart; Nykesha Sales, Jen Rizzotti, Kara Wolters

Team Pattyson -- Maya Moore; Moriah Jefferson, Stef Dolson, Tamika Williams

Team Davis -- Diana Taurasi; Rebecca Lobo, Sveta Abrosimova, Swin Cash

Team Baer -- Sue Bird; Tina Charles, Napheesa Collier, Katie Lou Samuelson

There are plenty of players left to choose from.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Smart picks my friend. Point Guards and Centers will go quick. We are now up to the 4th Round. Since you and I are the only ones that want to play I'll take the Fouth.

Team Bascom -- Breanna Stewart; Nykesha Sales, Jen Rizzotti, Kara Wolters

Team Pattyson -- Maya Moore; Moriah Jefferson, Stef Dolson, Tamika Williams

Team Davis -- Diana Taurasi; Rebecca Lobo, Sveta Abrosimova, Swin Cash

Team Baer -- Sue Bird; Tina Charles, Napheesa Collier, Katie Lou Samuelson

There are plenty of players left to choose from.
Team Bascom -- Breanna Stewart; Nykesha Sales, Jen Rizzotti, Kara Wolters, KML

Team Pattyson -- Maya Moore; Moriah Jefferson, Stef Dolson, Tamika Williams, Shea Ralph

Team Davis -- Diana Taurasi; Rebecca Lobo, Sveta Abrosimova, Swin Cash, Renee Montgomery (let DT play the 2)

Team Baer -- Sue Bird; Tina Charles, Napheesa Collier, Katie Lou Samuelson, Bria Hartley

Now which team would win a round robin tourney?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom