THE UCONN EFFECT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

THE UCONN EFFECT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And as a bonus it looks like his comments about SC style of play got under the skin of Coach Staley.
Which I love. I think she made a mistake responding to it. Now it is a matter of public recognition. Let's see what the refs do now.

Reaction Score
Physical yes, but did we bruise, grab jerseys, and intentionally hold? I think not. It's not about getting beat for years which was Dawn's poor explanation trying to make Geno a sore loser. It's about violating the rules of the game knowingly. Sorry, the proof is the proof. We all saw it.

Reaction Score
BTW, it's pretty funny for Tennessee to complain about any physicality ever. I seem to recall a little "sit down on her back incident" in our last game. That could have been really injurious to AE and it was obviously intentional. Amazing they made the calls they did on that play and did not throw the Vol out of the game. What more do you want for an intentional act designed to injure a player? Let's face it, that's how the SEC has evolved into playing. Geno alluded to that on more than one occasion. I don't think that should be part of the game.

Reaction Score
Diamond Miller and Angel Reese are great players. They would not fit at UConn.
For the sake of civility, I think there are times we should clarify things as opinions or facts. My first thought was how do you know that?

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
For the sake of civility, I think there are times we should clarify things as opinions or facts. My first thought was how do you know that?
Angel Reese said in a recent Holly Rowe interview that talking trash was the only way to play where she grew up in Baltimore. She carried that brashness to LSU. Certainly I am guessing, but that attitude would not go over well at UConn.

Reaction Score
Geno recruits basketball players....not girls who play basketball

Reaction Score
I think Dawn over reacted a bit. Admittedly I did not watch Geno's post game press conference but from what I have read, it seems that his comments were more directed to how the officials are interpreting the rules (calling the games) and was not calling out any particular players or teams.

At least he didn't complain about the basketball being used....;):)

Reaction Score
Angel Reese said in a recent Holly Rowe interview that talking trash was the only way to play where she grew up in Baltimore. She carried that brashness to LSU. Certainly I am guessing, but that attitude would not go over well at UConn.
He recruited Taurasi and Paige so... there's that. He also recruited Reese?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Dawn over reacted a bit. Admittedly I did not watch Geno's post game press conference but from what I have read, it seems that his comments were more directed to how the officials are interpreting the rules (calling the games) and was not calling out any particular players or teams.

Absolutely... Geno's comments were not specifically directed at SC, but rather to the series of recent games where the defensive strategy has become "hack a Husky"...specifically Lou. They all know that taking Lou, the primary outside threat, out of the game increases their chances of winning. There are pictures of Beale with her hand in Lou's shirt... that is clearly not within the rules.

In my opinion I think Dawn's reaction says volumes... and she should have let it go.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Dawn Staley is full of herself. She has won 1 NC, and she now is the darling of the South. And carries the banner for the Uconn hatters. You do not have to be an expert on basketball to see the rough style of play SC has. Lou was grabbed, pushed, slapped and knocked down all night, and yet she fouled out. The pas several years she has had some bruisers, and she is using that to intimidate opponents. Just my opinion.

Reactions: mmt
Reaction Score

Geno said nothing wrong. He defended his players, which Dawn should respect. Her response was a bit surprising because she basically says she teaches them to grab and hold and she wouldn't change it any other way. I don't believe the ways past UCONN teams played like that if I'm not mistaken so I have no idea what she's referring to. Like most people say, play the tape. The tape don't lie. Just can't like her the way she comes across. Extremely arrogant also with her recruiting "birdies" comments left and right.

Sorry visitingcock and SC fans.

Reactions: mmt

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I refer you to this thread regarding the direction this conversation has taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom