The UConn Basketball Show by 860: March Madness Edition | The Boneyard

The UConn Basketball Show by 860: March Madness Edition

Reaction Score

I appreciate the optimism, but I am not looking past Maryland. They are tough match up problem for UConn. Where you UConn can hurt them is on the offensive boards and going to the post with Sanogo and even a little bit with Carlton. Maryland has no shot blocking presence. Another thing I saw is, even though they switch a lot on D, their starting “center” Jairus Hamilton and their backup center Galin Smith, more traditional in size, don’t like playing the pick and roll and mainly stay in the paint. Pick and rolls against those guys will yield open 15 footers with Bouk and the guards. If they do decide to switch with those guys you got 2 mismatches, one with the guards against Hamilton/Galin Smith and Sanogo down low against Ayala/Morsell/Hart etc.

Plus, Maryland doesn’t go after offensive rebounds that much so if the D forces tough low percentage first shots, the are not going to get a lot of points.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
I appreciate the optimism, but I am not looking past Maryland. They are tough match up problem for UConn. Where you UConn can hurt them is on the offensive boards and going to the post with Sanogo and even a little bit with Carlton. Maryland has no shot blocking presence. Another thing I saw is, even though they switch a lot on D, their starting “center” Jairus Hamilton and their backup center Galin Smith, more traditional in size, don’t like playing the pick and roll and mainly stay in the paint. Pick and rolls against those guys will yield open 15 footers with Bouk and the guards. If they do decide to switch with those guys you got 2 mismatches, one with the guards against Hamilton/Galin Smith and Sanogo down low against Ayala/Morsell/Hart etc.

Plus, Maryland doesn’t go after offensive rebounds that much so if the D forces tough low percentage first shots, the are not going to get a lot of points.
Totally agree, I wasn't overlooking them I do think it is a tough matchup. I just believe UConn will end up being too much for them. I expect UConn to come out hot and win by 8+ points

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Totally agree, I wasn't overlooking them I do think it is a tough matchup. I just believe UConn will end up being too much for them. I expect UConn to come out hot and win by 8+ points
DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Where's @Scot-e

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom