The top lineups in the Big East by 'Net Rating': | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The top lineups in the Big East by 'Net Rating':

Reaction Score
Right but it’s all contextual. If those same metrics say the lineup is better with SJ than DC in there do you similarly buy it?
You have to buy what it shows you. That's what a fact is. But the fact that the team has been better with SJ on the court with DC doesn't mean that DC hasn't been better, and it certainly doesn't mean that DC won't be better going forward.

Reaction Score
All lineup data comes with small sample size caveats. If you set the minimum possessions at 25, our original starting lineup is the best in the Big East. There’s no doubt Johnson and Diarra have been awesome, though. Any combination of the top eight guys in our rotation appears to be pretty productive.
IMG_3815.jpeg

Reaction Score
You have to buy what it shows you. That's what a fact is. But the fact that the team has been better with SJ on the court with DC doesn't mean that DC hasn't been better, and it certainly doesn't mean that DC won't be better going forward.
Agreed. And in my opinion the same is true with Ball and Diarra. Good problem to have

Reaction Score
Agreed. And in my opinion the same is true with Ball and Diarra. Good problem to have
Ball needs to play because he is an awesome athlete and has a much higher upside, but there to me the metrics are obvious. To date, we’re better with Diarra on the floor because (i) he’s a better defender of quick guards, and (ii) I don’t want either of them shooting 3s and Diarra shoots far fewer of them.

Reaction Score
Ball needs to play because he is an awesome athlete and has a much higher upside, but there to me the metrics are obvious. To date, we’re better with Diarra on the floor because (i) he’s a better defender of quick guards, and (ii) I don’t want either of them shooting 3s and Diarra shoots far fewer of them.
Agree that Diarra is slightly better on d with quicker guards right now but I think defensively they’re much closer than most think. Ball is a much, much better shooter, and even Hurley has talked recently about how he’s fine with the 3ms ball is getting up. Shooting is imperative to this offense, especially since we’re struggling now, and while Solo’s numbers aren’t amazing his shot is miles better. If Diarra is better than Ball right now the difference isn’t huge, and we already pretty much know Diarra’s ceiling. Best thing for this team this year is to find out what Ball’s is.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This means nothing. Freshmen are starting to step up and Clingan is moving at half speed. Both things will change. I don't think we are necessarily better with Samson over DC, but I'm disappointed that it's close. Samson is doing great, but DC should be making more buckets against guys his size and free throws so these metrics are suggesting this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom