The thing that drives me nuts about Edsall | The Boneyard

The thing that drives me nuts about Edsall

Reaction Score
That is what happens to bad teams. This team is very comparable to this years NY Giants. Lost opportunities early in the game lead to certain defeat. I think anyone watching this game knew that it was only a matter of time before BC took over.

Reaction Score
When his teams get off to good starts on the field it doesn’t translate to the scoreboard. Only being up 3-0 was terrible with the start they had.

Yes Randy feels the same way. When he was hired he made sure the players he inherited fit that mold. :rolleyes:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes Randy feels the same way. When he was hired he made sure the players he inherited fit that mold. :rolleyes:

Yes because it wasn’t the same exact issue the first time he was here. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Settles for fgs to often. Plays tighter the closer he gets to the endzone. Oh well.

We got our whooped

Reaction Score
Settles for fgs to often. Plays tighter the closer he gets to the endzone. Oh well.

We got our whooped
I really like Lashlee but his auburn teams were not good in the red zone either. It's tough to gameplan a redzone attack when you're getting outmanned on the OL. We've lost a few this year because we couldn't get 1 or 2 yards in the running game.

Reaction Score
When his teams get off to good starts on the field it doesn’t translate to the scoreboard. Only being up 3-0 was terrible with the start they had.

From what I saw early on the coaches put the players in the best position to be competitive early on. So what happened...

1.) Dropped sure TD pass..... again....
2.) Mental screw ups from Oline
3.) Pindell forgot how to throw the ball
4.) Kicker missed FG's
5.) Punter didn't show up

From there the usual UConn epic collapse. Is there a talent gap... obviously... but I've seen FCS teams hang in tougher with teams... BC is good but they aren't Bama. How does Edsall get through to these kids mentally to maximize their potential ... I think he needs talent to come in and push them.

Asking this team to hold a RB like Dillion to under 10 pts hoping to grind it out is a stretch. We use to be on the flip side of that with Donald Brown. Edsall is working with what he has and every game there are opportunities and every single game these kids shoot themselves in the foot. Edsall may be ultimately responsible but he can't force mental toughness and focus and it's not like he can just say next man up....

Reaction Score
We had an opportunity early driving but not scoring. 13-0 17-0 and that is a very different game. But this is just not a very good football team. The oline is better than last year but not good. Pindell is a depth guy not a starter and the defense is big and slow. Edsall has been completely forthcoming that he needs better players. My hope is that there are some redshirts and some recruits that bring what he needs.

One thing also about this league...UCF USF MEMPHIS and probably Houston are all at or above BC’s level. If we get competitive with them we’ll be fine.

Reaction Score
Yes because it wasn’t the same exact issue the first time he was here. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Didn't we get off to a two TD lead in Chestnut Hill when TC and Deon were true freshman in the backfield? And score on our first possession against BC the one time they came to the Rent (and we then dropped 8 gazillion catchable balls)?

We were, over the course of Edsall's tenure, a below average offensive team. I don't recall a pattern of dominating the LOS early but not being able to finish drives beyond our general issues scoring TDs. Maybe I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
One of the worst examples of this problem of not taking advantage of early chances was the Iowa St game at the Rent under PP. Defensive dominance leading to very few points and we could not respond once the Cyclones started making plays. We should have been up 17-0 at Fenway and that was the ballgame.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn't we get off to a two TD lead in Chestnut Hill when TC and Deon were true freshman in the backfield? And score on our first possession against BC the one time they came to the Rent (and we then dropped 8 gazillion catchable balls)?

We were, over the course of Edsall's tenure, a below average offensive team. I don't recall a pattern of dominating the LOS early but not being able to finish drives beyond our general issues scoring TDs. Maybe I'm wrong.

My laptop is down and I couldn’t find any historical box scores with quarter by quarter data on my phone - but 150 yards in 16 minutes and 3 pts...

Maybe it’s just a function of not efficiently scoring TDs like you said but it seems especially pronouced early in games to me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We’re pretty open between the 20’s.

But Pindell runs us to first and goal and then...

We run two draws behind an OL that can’t open holes against Holy Cross. One of the draws is to Newsome who falls down when he senses anyone near him.

On third down, we ask Pindell to throw a fade to the corner of the end zone. (I don’t know what it is about college coaches; they all think their QB turns into Peyton Manning in goal to go situations. Almost all of those fades hit the guy holding the field mic.)

On second and third down, we had two players attempt plays that we know they cannot do - that’s just maddening.

Reaction Score
First negative post about Randy this season . . . . he was not the hire UConn needed. Actually, he was PP 2.0 - a quick and safe hire. He reverted back to conservative on offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom