The Thick of it: Games Every 3(+/-) Days | The Boneyard

The Thick of it: Games Every 3(+/-) Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Assuming only that the team achieves a bye < BE tournament 1/4 final, they will average a game every 3.17 days from today until 3/10. Thus, the thick of the season. One point, in a poorly played game against a top ranked team, separates them from an undefeated record thus far.

Their 14 wins in 15 games that count have been played in an average time interval of 4.4 days until now. Hence, the schedule is entering its more demanding and intensive phase. WCBB scheduling doesn't rival the NBA, but a game every 3+ days is quite a lot.

The injury versus pain dichotomy takes on more importance in this point in the season. I would say we can take nothing for granted, while acknowledging the role of conditioning and athleticism, including the ability run at full speed, make sharp turns and complex body movements, absorb hits, bumps and other frustrations, all while avoiding debilitating tears, pulls, stresses, strains and/or breaks of some kind is no easy task.

The season so far has been truly amazing and well played. I say, bring it on. :-D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I like this part of the year where they are playing more often. Don't have the lulls inbetween. UCONN has a couple of those Sat/Mon, Sun/Tues type games coming up too, to get them ready for the NCAA schedule.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
They also have a higher percentage of home games from here out and the road trips are not as long. A home game is a '5 hour day' and a midwest or further road trip ends up being a '30 hour day' - a huge difference in terms of recovery. They have played 6 home and 9* away/neutral to this point. The rest of the way assuming 4 BE Tournament games is 13 home and 6 away. And road trips to NYC, NJ, and Prov. are not that long.
* one of the 9 was at Hartford so really you could say 7H vs. 8A in terms of away from home turf.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They also have a higher percentage of home games from here out and the road trips are not as long. A home game is a '5 hour day' and a midwest or further road trip ends up being a '30 hour day' - a huge difference in terms of recovery. They have played 6 home and 9* away/neutral to this point. The rest of the way assuming 4 BE Tournament games is 13 home and 6 away. And road trips to NYC, NJ, and Prov. are not that long.
* one of the 9 was at Hartford so really you could say 7H vs. 8A in terms of away from home turf.
That's gonna help quite a bit I'm hoping. Geno was talking about this in one of his interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom