The Texas A&M Comeback [Video] | The Boneyard

The Texas A&M Comeback [Video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
What kind of mojo did A&M have going on to pull that off?

Reaction Score
The kid who was their main inbounder getting injured is what cost them the game. The other kids panicked, and passed the ball to players in bad spots. They then tried to bounce the ball off of the defenders legs, but bounced it right to them for easy baskets. They would have been better off getting tied up. I agree that the last kid would have been better off throwing the ball high into the backcourt.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I woke up this morning, went to see who won the Oregon game and saw UNI lost

I went to bed thinking that game was over

If that happened to us, it would drag me down for days, I'd be in a state of depression right now (I'm kinda bummed as it is)

usually, once the 2nd weekend is over, I'm fully recovered. At that point, everybody's season is over except for four teams. I'm OK with that, but I hate losing the first weekend.

Reaction Score
If the kid had just thrown the ball as high as he could in the air when he was pinned in the corner, NI would have won.
I was thinking heaving down court as far as he could but damn. Seemed impossible.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
If the NI kid that got the breakaway dunk just dribbled some of the clock out and got fouled .........

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I had A&M in my knockout pool. Feel pretty happy they won, but also terrible for UNI. That game is going to haunt them.

Reaction Score
ouch that's awful. Agree with @Horatio the kid on the break away could have killed a lot of clock rather than scoring that right away. Gotten fouled and gone to the line with at least a few more seconds off the clock. That was painful to watch. Glad I didn't stay up for it...

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
What kind of mojo did A&M have going on to pull that off?

Perhaps it was the anti-mojo working against UNI after having won 2 consecutive games by buzzer beaters right before this.

"Northern Iowa had been on something of an improbable run. After starting the season 10-11, they needed to win the MVC tournament to make the NCAA Tournament. So they won the MVC tournament on a bouncy buzzer-beater, earning the league's auto-bid. Then in the tournament's first round, they did something less probable, hitting a half-court buzzer-beater to beat Texas."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...thern-iowa-texas-a-m-collapse-ncaa-tournament

Reaction Score
ouch that's awful. Agree with @Horatio the kid on the break away could have killed a lot of clock rather than scoring that right away. Gotten fouled and gone to the line with at least a few more seconds off the clock. That was painful to watch. Glad I didn't stay up for it...

Can't do that. You're up three - so if you pass on the gimme two and then miss both FTs, you give them a chance to tie. Gotta score the basket and then make them get two possessions to beat you, which probably would have worked without the officiating benevolence on the and one.

Reaction Score
Can't do that. You're up three - so if you pass on the gimme two and then miss both FTs, you give them a chance to tie. Gotta score the basket and then make them get two possessions to beat you, which probably would have worked without the officiating benevolence on the and one.

Also would have worked if they hadn't kept passing the ball to A&M under their own basket. Truly incredible.

Reaction Score
Other option. Just hold onto the ball.

That would have led to a 10-second call and TAMU getting the ball in the corner with 1.8 on the clock. I think there's supposed to be a five-second call if you don't have a dribble active, even in the backcourt, but neither ref seems to be counting (he also hadn't used his dribble yet, so he could have bounced the ball once and started a new count).

NIU needs to spend the offseason practicing hitting guys in the leg. They went 0-for-2.

Reaction Score
That would have led to a 10-second call and TAMU getting the ball in the corner with 1.8 on the clock. I think there's supposed to be a five-second call if you don't have a dribble active, even in the backcourt, but neither ref seems to be counting (he also hadn't used his dribble yet, so he could have bounced the ball once and started a new count).

NIU needs to spend the offseason practicing hitting guys in the leg. They went 0-for-2.

There's no 5 second count in the backcourt, just the 10 count to get it over the midcourt line. Someone (might have been Spanarkle) mentioned it during the ND-SFA game.

How bad was the UNI main inbounder hurt? If he could stand at all, I would have had him in there on one leg if necessary.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
There's no 5 second count in the backcourt, just the 10 count to get it over the midcourt line. Someone (might have been Spanarkle) mentioned it during the ND-SFA game.

How bad was the UNI main inbounder hurt? If he could stand at all, I would have had him in there on one leg if necessary.

They would have been better off just throwing it to mid court and having a free for all on the last possession of the second half... when he through it in under the hoop I knew they were done.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
There's no 'closley guarded' 5 second call in the front court any more, either.

Reaction Score
There's no 'closley guarded' 5 second call in the front court any more, either.

That's different from the no-dribbling 5-second call though, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom