"The Streak Redux", by the PL | The Boneyard

"The Streak Redux", by the PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Hello out there in radioland. This is your roving reporter outside the Colonial Life Arena here in beautiful Columbia, South Carolina. It looks like something is happening here! Thousands of folks are spilling out of the arena, and it looks like most of them are in tears. Here's a gentleman wearing a sort of chicken suit, who looks totally distraught. Let's see if we can find out why.

Pardon me sir, but what seems to be the matter?

Oh, foot! It happened like this. I was sittin right there behind our bench, shoutin distance of ol Dawn, bless her heart, and before that danged game ever started, I tried to warn her. "Dawn", I hollered, "Dawn, look here; whatever happens, don't let that danged number 31 get her hands on that danged ball. Nor neither that danged number 3 or specially that danged little bitty ol number 4, cause if you do you're just askin for trouble." But I guess she couldn't hear me for the racket, cause all three of them danged girls just kept gettin holt of the danged ball and like I knowed would happen, they just flat whipped our poor butts. Like to broke my poor ol heart. I must have molted about eighteen pounds of feathers offen my suit. Them danged UConn kids just ain't got no mercy! It just son't seem right, somehow!"

Well we've got another streak

Got up to sixty just this week!

There's folks who say it ain't fair

But Hell, we really don't care

In fact we revel in their pique!

(YHS, the Poet Lariat)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online