The streak reaches nine | The Boneyard

The streak reaches nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I'm going to continue posting about it because it seems to be good luck. Nine straight opponents have been held to 40% or below from the field.

I don't think it's entirely coincidental that this streak has occurred in Brimah's absence. By that I don't mean that Brimah is a negative defender, just that we're doing things schematically now that seems to be extracting more out of the personnel. This will be something to monitor when he returns. (I don't think there's any question that we miss him a lot on the other end; none of the people who call our games actually bother to research that, but I'm quite sure that Brimah's labeling as a limited offensive player is a faulty one).

I was at the game today. I have a lot of thoughts, but my doctor is advising me to keep my words short this year (and that doctor is myself). One that I won't withhold concerns Phil Nolan - him and Brimah are drastically different defensive players, but similarly effective. The way he's able to hedge and recover on ball screens is something you don't fully appreciate on TV. Kid was all over the court today.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I'm going to continue posting about it because it seems to be good luck. Nine straight opponents have been held to 40% or below from the field.

I don't think it's entirely coincidental that this streak has occurred in Brimah's absence. By that I don't mean that Brimah is a negative defender, just that we're doing things schematically now that seems to be extracting more out of the personnel. This will be something to monitor when he returns. (I don't think there's any question that we miss him a lot on the other end; none of the people who call our games actually bother to research that, but I'm quite sure that Brimah's labeling as a limited offensive player is a faulty one).

I was at the game today. I have a lot of thoughts, but my doctor is advising me to keep my words short this year (and that doctor is myself). One that I won't withhold concerns Phil Nolan - him and Brimah are drastically different defensive players, but similarly effective. The way he's able to hedge and recover on ball screens is something you don't fully appreciate on TV. Kid was all over the court today.
No you can see it on TV. Phil also sets good screens - thank you!! He doesn't dunk though?

Reaction Score
Phil is capable of good games. I think it is great that he is playing so well with Brimah out. Maybe more minutes and no safety net are having a plus effect. I know he has had some really bad games but I always felt he got a bad deal on this board. I am happy for him to be contributing again.

Reaction Score

He got caught bad one time, but it was helping out at the wrong time. Definitely excused for the rest of his play today. Bravo Phil. Even if its not in the box score. Omar too.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think it's good that this team was able to see how life without Brimah is like. Made more players step up more as defenders and hopefully when he comes back the team will keep up this level of defense to go with his shot blocking. Hopefully Daniel can get his groove back too.

Reaction Score

That can't be, not with AB out of the line up and teams having lay up lines every game? No way:oops:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I'm going to continue posting about it because it seems to be good luck.

That's OK. A broken record about good things is a nice change of pace from the usual Pollyanna peanut gallery stuff.

By that I don't mean that Brimah is a negative defender, just that we're doing things schematically now that seems to be extracting more out of the personnel. This will be something to monitor when he returns.

I've seen a lot of improvement from the guards on the perimeter, in terms of switching, working screens, etc. This is probably by necessity, given the lack of rim protection behind them. I remember the first game or two after Brimah left -> layup city. What I'm hoping is that this same attention to detail doesn't fall off with Brimah's return. The D should improve on their already good numbers.

I'm hoping we don't revert back too the 'funnel' method though. It works with someone like Hasheem, as he was so dominant, and could recover well enough to make it work. Brimah sells out too much, and that leaves a guy or two open for an easy bucket.

I don't think there's any question that we miss him a lot on the other end; none of the people who call our games actually bother to research that, but I'm quite sure that Brimah's labeling as a limited offensive player is a faulty one.

I'm a broken record on this point. I think Hamilton may benefit the most from Brimah's return. Will also be interesting to see if it helps Miller out as well, given his already improved offensive play.

I have a lot of thoughts, but my doctor is advising me to keep my words short this year (and that doctor is myself).

Fishy is practicing medicine now? Protip: get a second opinion every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3