The state of WNBA | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The state of WNBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
On the positive front, I absolutely loved the commercial with LeBron and (I think) Kyrie endorsing the WNBA. I can't find it on YouTube right now, but it's fantastic.
Kyrie was not in the commerical.
Lebron James, Russell Westbrook, Paul George, Kevin Durant & Chris Paul were all in the commercial, and I agree a very positive sign for the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Is the rest of the team getting old? I'll see them in person tomorrow.

think that lack of quickness is hurting Whalen...don't know if she is hurt or not...they can't seem to get into their offense it seems the 4th quarter again Sparks and again today...today Maya just was terribly off...going to be an interesting second half of the season, well after olympic break...Sparks seem to be the team to beat right now...but a lot can happen in the next 20 games...

Reaction Score
I can't believe it but when you think you've already seen the worst officiated game here comes PHX at NY!
Kiah Stokes had 3 earned fouls and 3 phantom fouls, fouling her out late in a close 4th 1/4!
DT is the master of turning a no-call into a 3 shot foul with 7 seconds left in the game down 3 points! She can play the refs like a master at the violin!
PHX wins in ot.
I'm not a Bill Lambeer fan at all but he was shell-shocked by horrible call after horrible call! Even the announcers were, "there was no foul there!" or "what were they looking at?"
Calling WNBA refs lousy and incompetent are compliments to the leagues officials!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I can't believe it but when you think you've already seen the worst officiated game here comes PHX at NY!
Kiah Stokes had 3 earned fouls and 3 phantom fouls, fouling her out late in a close 4th 1/4!
DT is the master of turning a no-call into a 3 shot foul with 7 seconds left in the game down 3 points! She can play the refs like a master at the violin!
PHX wins in ot.
I'm not a Bill Lambeer fan at all but he was shell-shocked by horrible call after horrible call! Even the announcers were, "there was no foul there!" or "what were they looking at?"
Calling WNBA refs lousy and incompetent are compliments to the leagues officials!
Saw the game and true about the fouls. BUT - Bill wasn't shell shocked any more than usual. Bill has never had a player that committed a foul, and prolly never committed one himself. Trust me on that. And he isn't the only coach that is that way, either.

Reaction Score
Saw the game and true about the fouls. BUT - Bill wasn't shell shocked any more than usual. Bill has never had a player that committed a foul, and prolly never committed one himself. Trust me on that. And he isn't the only coach that is that way, either.

KnightBridgeAZ- - - I agree with you on Bill Lambeer! He is slime! But on Kiah's 6th foul even the slime couldn't believe it was called!
I can't believe the "league suits" are content with referees/games as called! They don't care!
Don't they realize it tears down the quality of the WNBA when the paying public sees this incompetence as NORMAL!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It is what it is - the better refs get promoted to the NBA so the WNBA is left with the less-experienced and the less competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom