The State of the Mojo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The State of the Mojo

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
A post-game sing-along, to celebrate a well-earned re-retirement and bury the ghost of '22...

This seems like a perfect time

To make fun of Deepster

And call him sexist

Ah ahh, Ah ahh

For him it’s a perfect day

To shift his testes

Play to his besties

Ah ahh, Ah ahh

Yeah

He’s power-drunk and out of touch

Deaf & stubborn at the same time

Delusional and arrogant, yeah

Today’s the day that he complains

That noone’s buying

It’s time

Uh-Oh

“I don’t know about youse

When I say, ‘Jump,’ you BOO!

Everything ain’t working right

when reprobates won’t do

dumb things I tell them to

You know I won’t give up

Unless, I change my mind

Everything will be alright

If I keep thinking that it’s ‘22

’22 oo-ooh, oo-ooh

‘Twas on St Patrick’s Day

I was in Nashville

It was so crowded

It was just one of those days

I ditched the whole scene

And kept on dreaming

That I was working

I skipped the Aggies, and Teddy Allen

Ah ahh

I’m power mad and out of touch

Plus stubborn in the worst way

Delusional & arrogant

Oh yeah

This year’s the year I do my best Costanza

And say it ain’t my fault if no one plays

Everything was so much fun

When you’d say I’m the one

You don’t know about feels

A Judge without appeals

Yada yada, happy hour

Don’t you know I got the power

Disobey? You’ll hear me say

My name & rule you must exhalt

No matter what, it's not my fault

It’s time

Uh-oh

I don’t know what to do

I’m stuck in ‘22

I’ve walked away

But still I say

It’s cuz of me this whole thing works

So don’t blame me, ungrateful jerks

I did my best, I’m giving up

You’ve fallen short, unless we win

And then you know, I’ll come back in

I’ll say you begged me

Drink a toast

And brag once more that I’m the most

I am the star, I am the ghost

And always, I’m the best to roast

I am the rod, you are the lightning

When we play well, it’s truly frightening

Mojo rising, cuz of me

Why deny it, can’t you see

I am the greatest, like Ali

Super Swift, like my Muse T

I’m out, it’s over, I’ll be back

You’ll never know, I know you’ll care

It’s all about me

Everywhere

[Have I strayed from 22?

Yeah, so what, that’s what I do

Didn’t even write haiku]​

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
1 - I have complied. You wanted a picture of a stooge in my avatar, I put one in my avatar.
2 - The mojo is coming along nicely. This is happening because we are humoring you.
3 - If anyone should be aware of how dangerous a Met related mojo theme (three stooges in this case) is, it should be you.
4 - Thankfully we did receive a Constanza reference in this thread as you are a real life Costanza.
5 - We are humoring you but we should let you know that you are judge Uncle Junor.
Judge Uncle Junior.jpg

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
1 - I have complied. You wanted a picture of a stooge in my avatar, I put one in my avatar.
2 - The mojo is coming along nicely. This is happening because we are humoring you.
3 - If anyone should be aware of how dangerous a Met related mojo theme (three stooges in this case) is, it should be you.
4 - Thankfully we did receive a Constanza reference in this thread as you are a real life Costanza.
5 - We are humoring you but we should let you know that you are judge Uncle Junor.
View attachment 98070
You sound as though you're defending yourself against being called a "madman." Consider that that it was merely an autocompletion error by a person who should have typed out "mensch."

You're doing fine with the good stuff, and maintaining healthy boundaries regarding that which is misguided in its emphasis of personalities over principles. There is clarity and strength in your efforts for the sake of the larger cause.

It's common for people to protest against boundaries when they are being frustrated in breaching them.

Round 1 has ended with a 39-point UConn victory; closure to Jalen Gaffney's college career after 2 years at FAU which was threatening to some; elimination of concerning 3-point-focused BYU within our region; and highly KenPom-ranked Auburn who seemed under seeded, with that work done by fellow Connecticut school Yale, who will next face off against last year's NC Finals foe SDSU.

Keep the focus, one game at a time.

Go UConn!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tipoff is approaching and the U.S.S Repeat is about to leave the harbor.

The response to the sentencing and Mojo instruction has been tepid to say the least. @FfldCntyFan has turned into a madman and neither of the 3 have complied with their sentencing. And @Dove ? Twenty five years later, he continues to spit in the eye of all we hold dear.

Personally? I don't care. There is nothing more your Judge can do. Many of you have said the new Mojo is we don't need this Mojo. Okay. But I have served my duties to the fullest here (again) and I am ready to cheer Our Heroes to victory (again). Thank you for again letting me serve you as Judge and Mojo Leader.

View attachment 98040
If you were a decent judge and actually read the room (or the thread @temery banished to the food and beverage netherworld of the board) you'd stop trying to copy the Chiefs by force feeding us Taylor Swift and jump on the Sidney Sweeney train!

T Swift = Tempid
Sidney Sweeney = Full steam ahead for the mojo!

Reaction Score
If you were a decent judge and actually read the room (or the thread @temery banished to the food and beverage netherworld of the board) you'd stop trying to copy the Chiefs by force feeding us Taylor Swift and jump on the Sidney Sweeney train!

T Swift = Tempid

Not how this works, brochacho.

We won a title staring at Charlie Sheen and a pair of cartoon balls. And I’m not force feeding anything. It’s our era.

Reaction Score
To understand the Mojo, you can point to last year and figuring out Miller Lite was the key. We adjusted as needed and rode that to the natty.

It’s clear that this season is drinking piss. Hurley Bai tea. Clearly a vibe and very very powerful.

Is it your favorite IPA? Nope. As much as you’ll like it to be, it’s not. Now can you throw some Tito’s or Captain in there? Sure. But drinking that piss from a label-less bottom is where you need to be.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is beautiful. Bravo Deep!

Keep being you. Continue to demonstrate that you are in fact the Costanza, even if it is entirely unintenional (which likely makes it better). Go ahead, believe that gathering mojo is something that is just for you. It adds to it while the rest of us go our way to add mojo.

Deep Costanza.jpg

Reaction Score
This is beautiful. Bravo Deep!

Keep being you. Continue to demonstrate that you are in fact the Costanza, even if it is entirely unintenional (which likely makes it better). Go ahead, believe that gathering mojo is something that is just for you. It adds to it while the rest of us go our way to add mojo.

View attachment 98090

You still haven’t changed your signature line.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

T Swift = Tempid

Again with the either/or?
Open up to the both/and.
Footprint newly expanded.
New territory to be grown.

#TempidSid

Reaction Score
You give me strength to represent for the designated muse.
I couldn't figure out how to message you privately. Do you know of any places in Louisville that have Tru TV and are good for watching the game. We do not have cable in our home . Thanks, brother

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I couldn't figure out how to message you privately. Do you know of any places in Louisville that have Tru TV and are good for watching the game. We do not have cable in our home . Thanks, brother
I wrote a direct message but got an error, saying it couldn't be sent. Click on the top row envelope icon to see if you can do any better by initiating.

Otherwise, there are some good ideas in the TruTV thread: March Madness app and streaming within Max have worked for me. I also have a still-operative cable company email login to directly access Tru (but that might also be how I get March Madness app to work).

I'm doubtful that you're looking for a location suitable to bring a baby at 8pm on Sunday, but you did write, "We do not have cable at home," so I wonder.

(Even less than) half-joking, I'd invite you over to help me assemble a TV stand to set up audio-video stand in the living room of a cluttered apartment still very much in the process of a Medicare enrollee's proteacted long-distance relocation process.

Village Market food hall at Paristown Pointe is the only place I've ever watched games on multiple screens (first round last year). It closes at 8, though I have been there other times when there have been strollers and car seats resting on top of tables.

Not sure where I'd want to walk in wearing UConn gear and looking for the game 2 days after Kentucky got bounced and a day after Dusty May decided on Michigan over UofL, even if I keep getting respectful good wishes from local fanbase's (including IU) when I'm out & about.

Then again, maybe some place with a neighborhood feel priority will be happy for Sunday night traffic and not have much NCAA buzz. On that track, maybe Granville Pub which is in Old Lou (aren't you?), or Check's in Schnitzelberg.

Wish I had more to offer. Good luck!

Reaction Score
I wrote a direct message but got an error, saying it couldn't be sent. Click on the top row envelope icon to see if you can do any better by initiating.

Otherwise, there are some good ideas in the TruTV thread: March Madness app and streaming within Max have worked for me. I also have a still-operative cable company email login to directly access Tru (but that might also be how I get March Madness app to work).

I'm doubtful that you're looking for a location suitable to bring a baby at 8pm on Sunday, but you did write, "We do not have cable at home," so I wonder.

(Even less than) half-joking, I'd invite you over to help me assemble a TV stand to set up audio-video stand in the living room of a cluttered apartment still very much in the process of a Medicare enrollee's proteacted long-distance relocation process.

Village Market food hall at Paristown Pointe is the only place I've ever watched games on multiple screens (first round last year). It closes at 8, though I have been there other times when there have been strollers and car seats resting on top of tables.

Not sure where I'd want to walk in wearing UConn gear and looking for the game 2 days after Kentucky got bounced and a day after Dusty May decided on Michigan over UofL, even if I keep getting respectful good wishes from local fanbase's (including IU) when I'm out & about.

Then again, maybe some place with a neighborhood feel priority will be happy for Sunday night traffic and not have much NCAA buzz. On that track, maybe Granville Pub which is in Old Lou (aren't you?), or Check's in Schnitzelberg.

You don't get paid by the word here.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
I went to the first game against Stetson. Been on the road since Tuesday. I am wearing the exact same thing to the game tonight. MOJO seems to be more consuming if you attend the games in person. It’s easy to keep the same routine at home. More difficult when traveling.

JMU and Northwestern have colors that are very close. Both had great fan base in round one. So it is going to look very purple in the stadium if the JMU fans stick around. We need to represent. The networks and NCAA may be trying to hide us and we should just make their concerns legitimate. Dook will still be the most despised team in Barclays and it won’t be close. Most Northwestern fans and JMU fans have been pretty respectful. As good as we are it is tough for opposing fans to say much. We just need to keep them quiet. Let’s Go UConn.

Reaction Score

I appreciate it , I'm going to run my Railyards ( old diamonds) and see if they're showing. If not , it'll be ESPN play by play through text for me. Thanks for the response. If you ever need help with anything ( even if it's putting something together) , please reach out . Go Huskies !!

Reaction Score
What if it's on hiatus? Maybe it thinks we don't need it this year. Who knows?

I'd much rather have it around and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I hope it manifests itself in some weird tangent unassuming thread that takes on a life of its own.

It's also a lot more fun on this board when that thread goes 50 plus pages deep and full of absurd yet strangely powerful empathetic tones and vibrations.

The board feels naked without it

Wherever you are, get here soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom