The sky is not falling | The Boneyard

The sky is not falling

Reaction Score
I’ve been reading a lot of posts the past few days... just taking in all points and views. I’ve also been on the Notre Dame board and read a lot of there points and views. Here is my take. UCONN isn’t falling of the face of the earth. They have won 11 national titles been to 11 straight final fours lost at the buzzer the past 2 years and could have won both titles. Sadly the game is growing and there is more talent to go around. Look at a lot of teams out there with loads of talent but never get to a final four.

It takes talent and a lot of luck along the way to win it all... it’s part of sports. Yes next season might be a tough one but we have loads of talent that is coming back. How many teams have 2 All Americans coming back?? How many teams have 3 number 1 players coming out of high school on there rosters?? A hall of fame coach and assistant? Let’s focus on what we have and not focus on what we don’t have.

As of recruits... all this talk about Sam Burnelle. If she comes she comes if she chooses to go to Notre Dame or any other school then she does. As of friends following friends to schools is absolutely childish. We are taking about kids who are 2-3 years away from graduating high school. That is a very long time away and a lot can change.

Now as of Notre Dame is concerned... of course they are excited why shouldn’t they be. They won the national title against all odds ... MM derserves her due. Best coaching job of the year hands down. A lot of there fans obviously think there going to get all these top recruits now Because there certain there going to sign Brunelle and she’s going to have her friends follow her... if so then why aren’t they all committing now? The point is everyone is so concerned with there tweets-and all there likes... and the way they acted at the final four in the stands or caught wearing a certain sweat shirt that there ready to commit. No one knows what any of these kids are thinking or where there going to play college ball.

As the comments on GENO... we can say the same thing about MM. both coaches are getting up there in age so if any of them decided to walk away both programs would take a huge hit... so we can go back and forth till the sun don’t shine .. at the end of the day what will be will be. UCONN will get the players that are meant to be a husky and Notre Dame will get the players that are meant to be the fighting Irish. It will be ok life goes on people the sun will shine again. Let’s enjoy the off season and appreciate just how lucky we have been all these years and be excited for a new season where for once the huskies won’t have the pressure on them to win it all and go undefeated let the Irish have that burden.

And lastly about the AAC it’s not our fault we’re in it blame that on football and money!! UCONN will keep
Scheduling the toughest OOC schedule and hopefully in the next few years or sooner a power 5 will be calling!!!

Thanks for reading my very first post... long but sweet!! I’m new to this board!!! Go
Huskies!!

Lastly it took Notre Dame 17 years to win another National Title.. a lot of talent over the years and a lot of loss opportunities for MM and company but we’re ready to have Genos Head ... seems quite odd to me. Happy Weekend!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ve been reading a lot of posts the past few days... just taking in all points and views. I’ve also been on the Notre Dame board and read a lot of there points and views. Here is my take. UCONN isn’t falling of the face of the earth. They have won 11 national titles been to 11 straight final fours lost at the buzzer the past 2 years and could have won both titles. Sadly the game is growing and there is more talent to go around. Look at a lot of teams out there with loads of talent but never get to a final four.

It takes talent and a lot of luck along the way to win it all... it’s part of sports. Yes next season might be a tough one but we have loads of talent that is coming back. How many teams have 2 All Americans coming back?? How many teams have 3 number 1 players coming out of high school on there rosters?? A hall of fame coach and assistant? Let’s focus on what we have and not focus on what we don’t have.

As of recruits... all this talk about Sam Burnelle. If she comes she comes if she chooses to go to Notre Dame or any other school then she does. As of friends following friends to schools is absolutely childish. We are taking about kids who are 2-3 years away from graduating high school. That is a very long time away and a lot can change.

Now as of Notre Dame is concerned... of course they are excited why shouldn’t they be. They won the national title against all odds ... MM derserves her due. Best coaching job of the year hands down. A lot of there fans obviously think there going to get all these top recruits now Because there certain there going to sign Brunelle and she’s going to have her friends follow her... if so then why aren’t they all committing now? The point is everyone is so concerned with there tweets-and all there likes... and the way they acted at the final four in the stands or caught wearing a certain sweat shirt that there ready to commit. No one knows what any of these kids are thinking or where there going to play college ball.

As the comments on GENO... we can say the same thing about MM. both coaches are getting up there in age so if any of them decided to walk away both programs would take a huge hit... so we can go back and forth till the sun don’t shine .. at the end of the day what will be will be. UCONN will get the players that are meant to be a husky and Notre Dame will get the players that are meant to be the fighting Irish. It will be ok life goes on people the sun will shine again. Let’s enjoy the off season and appreciate just how lucky we have been all these years and be excited for a new season where for once the huskies won’t have the pressure on them to win it all and go undefeated let the Irish have that burden.

And lastly about the AAC it’s not our fault we’re in it blame that on football and money!! UCONN will keep
Scheduling the toughest OOC schedule and hopefully in the next few years or sooner a power 5 will be calling!!!

Thanks for reading my very first post... long but sweet!! I’m new to this board!!! Go
Huskies!!

Lastly it took Notre Dame 17 years to win another National Title.. a lot of talent over the years and a lot of loss opportunities for MM and company but we’re ready to have Genos Head ... seems quite odd to me. Happy Weekend!!!
First of all, welcome to the BY!
Very good first post!
While I agree with just about everything you said, and those here sure do have a lot to be grateful for as this is a unique situation in any sports that fans can be literally blown away by losing two overtime games in the semi-finals after four consecutive championships.
Yet it is also always important to review, analyze and correct those things that can be improved.
I won't do that here and now!
Welcome and I am also relatively new here and surely almost always rather long winded!
Bronx23

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Huskies!!

Welcome to the BY. We have a long way to go to counter some of the recent negativity. Thanks for engaging, being positive, and enlisting in that fight.

Reaction Score

Huskies!!

If your point is; " what will be will be," so stop worrying about it, it is hard to argue.

UCONN will, of course, remain competitive.

End of story.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
No, the sky is not falling, but for long-time Uconn fans, it is the most clouds they have seen up there in a long time.

Reaction Score
Right on 95. Not only is the sky not falling, but I think many people do not recognize the overall improvements in the women's game since UConn became dominant. Geno has changed the game for the better.

Reaction Score

Huskies!!

I agree with most of your post except "Sadly the game is growing....."?? This should be a good thing.
We had no choice being in the AAC with the breakup of the Big East. It is and will always be about the money.
Stop blaming Football. No one had a problem when we were in the Big East and football was winning.
No other conference will invite us without football.

Reaction Score
thank you... i enjoyed your read! I love watching these young ladies play the game... sometimes we win and sometimes we lose... I’m really looking forward to the 18-19 season and seeing how well the players handle all the amazing challenges.. go huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom