The SKY is FALLING | The Boneyard

The SKY is FALLING

Reaction Score
ScreenHunter 217.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Anyone I have ever met that knows the UConn Program by name has the utmost respect for the program and at some level, understands that even in this period of tough breaks, we are always in the running.

Reaction Score
One perspective on the incredibly high expectations regarding Uconn women's basketball, is the expectation that if a prospect comes here they will get to experience a national championship. On the surface that seems pretty unrealistic, we all know how difficult that is. But until recently every incoming class after Rebecca Lobo's but two, had at least one championship in their four year period. Failing to get one since 16 added two more classes that missed out on championships, Crystal's and Megan's.

So even with the latest "slump" 26 out of the last 30 classes by my count won a championship. Christyn and Liv are on the clock with only one more chance.

That is the kind of legacy that produces expectations that result in 4-5 years without a championship being viewed as a failure, even if you were in the mix during all those years. Stewart's prediction of 4 championships set an even higher bar, when she and her teammates actually pulled it off. Now when another generational level talent comes on board like Paige, they almost feel compelled to state a goal of winning 4 championships. So does that now make her freshmen class a failure because they cannot win four?

I don't think so, but it's almost like the reaction of some parents with kids that are good students, and they bring home a report card with 4 A's and 1 B, and instead of good job, the response is what the hell happened with the B.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly I'm sick and tired about hearing that Uconn is in a "slump"! Stanford wins their first title in 29 or so years yet I don't remember reading any Tara's lost it or Stanford's in a title slump stories. Enough I say!

Reaction Score
Truth to be told UConn was a favorite to win almost all of the Final 4 games it lost in the last few years. It just that in those game the other team played better or a key player had an amazing game for the other team. The best player on the court in those games was not a UConn player. UConn players are human and there is a reason why they play the games...

Reaction Score
Truth to be told UConn was a favorite to win almost all of the Final 4 games it lost in the last few years. It just that in those game the other team played better or a key player had an amazing game for the other team. The best player on the court in those games was not a UConn player. UConn players are human and there is a reason why they play the games...
You left out “incredibly rare buzzer beater shot in the Final Four!” (Twice)

Reaction Score
It's amusing how low humans sink to "one-up" another. It's as if we're a bunch of devils. Heck, people are scared to post here.

Reaction Score
If they’re talking about you, you’re winning. If they’re taking the time to troll,your winning. If they’re waiting on your response, winning. Get my drift?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
OPs got a point. It is kind of embarrassing. This is the longest (5 seasons) stretch without winning a NC ever. (counting since 1995)

Just because they've gone 164-10, won their League Championship and League Tourney Championship (while going undefeated) every year, while making the FF every year possible, while putting 8 players into the WNBA, creating 5 AA's, and most importantly defeating TN twice, no NC still leaves a real UCONN fan.....empty, defeated, contemplating suicide. It can be just too much to bear for some BY fans. We're old, we don't have a lot of time to wait for another NC. I think some of us should move on, become Gamecock, Cardinal, Tiger fans.

Reaction Score
You are all correct, but can there be a tacit admittance that a few recruiting misses and a few players not achieving the performance UConn fans expected of them let to some of this disappointment?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I don't know ... I suppose looser is preferred compared to being uptight. Especially if you're a basketball player. Or an older person....

Reaction Score
You left out “incredibly rare buzzer beater shot in the Final Four!” (Twice)
Look. All we need is the Vorpal sword! It has the ability to decapitate opponents heads, on a lucky strike! "Off With Their Heads"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom