The sky didn't exactly fall | The Boneyard

The sky didn't exactly fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alignment is not over and the BE is pretty much past vulnerability. We may be in a clusterfrick conference but at least we won't targeted because what is left to pick off? Only Uconn and Cincinnati remain.
The ACC is extremely vulnerable. If FSU , Clemson and possibly Ga Tech leave, then what? All 3 of these schools would jump at the opportunity. As far as football is concerned this would leave the ACC looking a lot like the BE of a few years ago and we saw how that worked out. Their problems wouldn't help the BE but it wouldn't hurt either.
We all have to get used to new opponents that don't have a geographical connection. The old conference formula with opponents in neighboring states is gone forever. It isn't just the BE. I doubt Nebraska fans are thrilled about playing Rutgers. How about FSU vs BCU or that great Wisconsin/Maryland rivalry?
I was a strong supporter of Uconn to the ACC. Now I'm not so sure it would be much of an improvement.
Increased/decreased revenue will be fluid and eventually adjust to the number of viewers actually watching the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom