The Simmering Stock of Alex Karaban (No Ceilings article) | The Boneyard

The Simmering Stock of Alex Karaban (No Ceilings article)

Reaction Score
It's simple. The guys is a winner. All the focus is on offensive numbers, when there should be an equal focus on how few errors he makes. Very few turnovers, improved defense, and the smartest player we have on the floor.

Reaction Score
He has a chance next season to be college hoops most outstanding player. I think that would catapult him into late lottery/mid first discussion vs. late first/early second where he is now.
From your lips to.......

Reaction Score
I'd be far more likely to go to a Celtics game if he ended up on their roster.
I could be interested in the league again in general if we have steph, DC, AK, Jax and Hawkins all coming up. Did you know Charlotte still has a team?

Reaction Score
Who is Charlotte?
giphy (4).gif

Reaction Score
He has a chance next season to be college hoops most outstanding player. I think that would catapult him into late lottery/mid first discussion vs. late first/early second where he is now.
Do you think so? The way I look at it, what would he do next year that he's not doing this year? I think the doubts have to do with him physically, not his performance on the court. He has already proven that he's a winner, great shooter, super smart, hustler, competitor, etc.

Maybe next year the team would NEED him to do more? It's tough for anyone on this team to stand out because everyone else is so good, and everyone is unselfish.

Reaction Score
AK doesn't strike me as someone who will leave if he, in any way, doesn't feel fully prepared for the NBA.
He's older than the regular sophomore and came to UConn mid-year as a freshman to get acclimated and better prepared. It worked for him then and my guess would be he'll follow a similar thought process regarding leaving early.

Reaction Score
Given that he is a smart kid, got here early, has been here summers, and might have had eligible credits coming in, I bet he is on pace to graduate at the end of next year and that that will play a role in his decision at the end on this season. Maybe @gwhuskyfan can ask him about his academic timeline on a podcast. Such a treat to not complain about a team's BBIQ.

Reaction Score
iven that he is a smart kid, got here early, has been here summers, and might have had eligible credits coming in, I bet he is on pace to graduate at the end of next year and that that will play a role in his decision at the end on this season.
i think (hope) he'll go pro after his redshirt junior year since it's also the year he'll graduate.

Reaction Score
Given that he is a smart kid, got here early, has been here summers, and might have had eligible credits coming in, I bet he is on pace to graduate at the end of next year and that that will play a role in his decision at the end on this season. Maybe @gwhuskyfan can ask him about his academic timeline on a podcast. Such a treat to not complain about a team's BBIQ.
I'm thinking he may have enough credits to graduate this May. He must be taking 6 classes this semester for a reason.

Good idea to have Jared ask him about his track for graduating.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
“Charlotte” is the astronomical name for the black hole that exists at the center of the UConn Galaxy.
While it us a black he, it's nowhere near the center of our galaxy. It's in a God forsaken hinterland (the state of North Carolina) that houses a pair of pompous, officious fan bases of inferior programs.

Reaction Score
Do you think so? The way I look at it, what would he do next year that he's not doing this year? I think the doubts have to do with him physically, not his performance on the court. He has already proven that he's a winner, great shooter, super smart, hustler, competitor, etc.

Maybe next year the team would NEED him to do more? It's tough for anyone on this team to stand out because everyone else is so good, and everyone is unselfish.

He would be a clear cut #1 option, probably double his PPG, be the face of the team, face of the big east and probably be the face of college basketball.

Reaction Score
Tried to find the quote to no avail, but I distinctly remember Alex saying let's get three more, four in a row, after last year. One can dream.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom