The Silence is Painful | The Boneyard

The Silence is Painful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So we're coasting into signing day, coming in second for a few top players, and then BANG!!

Our recruiting world is broken wide open and the board goes into a frenzy. Tweets, media articles, opinions and more flood the board.

Then........silence.

Gonna be a tough 5 or 6 days waiting for this to play out.

Reaction Score
Our class has to be almost full. I wouldn't mind Brodie and Giacone though.

Reaction Score
Join the club man. Silence is killing me too. Give the kids a day or two to re-evaluate talk to their parents/coaches etc and then we may hear some things. And possibly some signing day surprises. Hopefully all good for the Huskies!

Reaction Score
Based on needs the class appears to be short one tight end, one defensive end and one running back. Also, another stud offensive lineman is always a good addition. I don't see another scholarship running back on the horizon (possible preferred walk-on?), but if they added Brodie, Giacone and Schwan or equivalent talents this would be, on paper, an extremely successful recruiting year.

Reaction Score
Based on needs the class appears to be short one tight end, one defensive end and one running back. Also, another stud offensive lineman is always a good addition. I don't see another scholarship running back on the horizon (possible preferred walk-on?), but if they added Brodie, Giacone and Schwan or equivalent talents this would be, on paper, an extremely successful recruiting year.

If this happened. Watch out for Uconn Football!!

Reaction Score
I may be pessimistic, but I'm not going to bet on us getting anybody from Rutgers. Brodie is a possibility, but most of the class has said they are sticking together, and I just don't see Brodie, a Jersey kid, going elsewhere. Some of RU's leans may go elsewhere, but most of their commits will stick, IMO.

Let's hope we beat out PSU for Morgan and Schwan.

Reaction Score
Des just retweeted Scot Stump

"Bryan Brodie, Ryan Brodie's father, also added that Pitt, UConn and others have called. He was actually informed by UConn of Schiano leaving"

Glad to see we are on the ball.

Reaction Score
I may be pessimistic, but I'm not going to bet on us getting anybody from Rutgers. Brodie is a possibility, but most of the class has said they are sticking together, and I just don't see Brodie, a Jersey kid, going elsewhere. Some of RU's leans may go elsewhere, but most of their commits will stick, IMO.

Let's hope we beat out PSU for Morgan and Schwan.

I'm thinking you may be right. I think those who committed a while back are gonna stick as they have formed a bond with other commits and current players.

The other commits who gave a verbal in the past month or two could go either way. I don't think kids are as locked in to the HC as people think unless the coach has a specialty offense or defense geared toward a special skill they possess.

Brodie...I'm hopeful he feels burned and heads north to Storrs.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking you may be right. I think those who committed a while back are gonna stick as they have formed a bond with other commits and current players.

The other commits who gave a verbal in the past month or two could go either way. I don't think kids are as locked in to the HC as people think unless the coach has a specialty offense or defense geared toward a special skill they possess.

Brodie...I'm hopeful he feels burned and heads north to Storrs.

Just posted this in another thread...though very appropriate here too!

Sure would be nice to land Brodie and Giacone, but it's not going to be easy! This afternoon, the RU AD reportedly called each one of the RU recruits personally. During the breakup meeting with Schiano, the recruits were asked (actually told) not to talk to the media. Additionally, several of the local recruits were going to meet tonight to discuss things. That group included Giacone. The discussion was apparently going to center around whether or not the group was going to try to stay together.

So who knows at this point! Will be a little tough though for RU to sell the "We Are Family" concept now...especially when the father of the family has just run out on them!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
things aren't that quiet, even besides all the ruty stuff

-schwan is down to us and psu
-morgan us, cuse and maybe psu
-shortell were waiting to make it official
-liddell its us and vandy
-there are a couple other guys who are still out there that we arn't dead yet for

-sylva siad that he talked to don brown todays and his papers were mailed to him
-same with rennick

Reaction Score
Ricky Gutierrez, WR from Miami, will be visiting this weekend. Per Rivals' Gutierrez profile page.

Reaction Score
Hope they land another running back. Need another running back. Depth . . . can never have enough. Also, another QB would be OK. UConn goes through QBs without really ever finding one that fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom