The Scary Thing | The Boneyard

The Scary Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Outside of Yavin Smallwood and McCoombs, who are the players you see getting better and are building blocks going forward? Why would this team not be the lock to be picked dead last next year?

Reaction Score
Jones and Brown will be solid in the defensive backfield next year. They're learning some tough lessons this season but their ability to play and improve is clear. Defense will be the same unit, albeit minus Reyes and Martin. As bad as the D looked tonight, with another year to learn the scheme, we'll be solid on that side of the ball.

No surprise here but we really need to develop or find a QB other than McEntee if we want to turn it around next year.

Reaction Score
I would suggest a new scheme rather than learn this defensive scheme. On a couple of passes over the middle there was no way anyone was lined up in a position to cover the tight end. I'm afraid to think about the Cin game.

Reaction Score
I would suggest a new scheme rather than learn this defensive scheme. On a couple of passes over the middle there was no way anyone was lined up in a position to cover the tight end. I'm afraid to think about the Cin game.

Agree. There's got to be a happy medium between the bend but don't break approach that we saw under RE and this aggressive scheme under DB which really leaves us susceptible to the big play and the underneath stuff. I like the added aggression but think we're putting way too much emphasis on our LBs and secondary to play man coverage, something we're clearly not capable of doing just yet.

Reaction Score
By default the QB position will most definitely be better next year, maybe significantly so. Running back will be much better with a stronger McCombs and the promise of Dobbs. Michael Smith comes back with Nick Williams and someone else should emerge a WR. TEnds will be back. Reyes is our only big loss on D. There is alot to look forward to next year.

As far as who is getting better this year:

McCombs
McCummings
McEntee (yes he has improved alot since Vandy)
Nick Williams as a WR
Trevardo Williams
Jennings
Jones
TyMeer Brown
and don't forget Blidi who was having a great year before he was injured
I have never been good at assessing O-line play, but maybe someone else can provide analysis of that. The running game has been much better of late.

Reaction Score
What was it with Gratz, wiffing on the tight end up the middle, jumping on the QB fake pass and putting in a couple of half hearted attempts other than that. He sure isn't getting better. Getting better and getting to be good are two different things. JMc is better, I'm sure I would be better if I went out know and threw the ball for half an hour (since haven't thrown one in years), so what, question is are you an AQ quality starting player after getting "better".

Reaction Score
Brown's defense just takes a long time to get in place. I think that we'd have been better off putting less of it in this year, but that is a decision few coaches would make. On offense with a reasonable quarterback we'd have an ok, probably not terrific but ok football team.

Reaction Score
McEntee (yes he has improved alot since Vandy)

There it is, ladies and gentlemen. The one person on this board still in denial over Johnny McEntee.

You are either a.) Paul Pasqualoni, b.) Caroline Doty, or c.) some relative of Johnny.

I doubt even McEntee thinks he has improved at this point.

Reaction Score
There it is, ladies and gentlemen. The one person on this board still in denial over Johnny McEntee.

You are either a.) Paul Pasqualoni, b.) Caroline Doty, or c.) some relative of Johnny.

I doubt even McEntee thinks he has improved at this point.

He is better. But it is relative. He is not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom