The Safety | The Boneyard

The Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Earlier in the game, we had Tulane pinned at their 1 yard line. We knew a handoff was coming, yet they got 5 yards running it up the gut.

Later in the game, Tulane punts, recovers at our 1, tv goes to commercial. Why not go to Foxx at that point as QB? Diaco talked about Foxx playing. He's mobile, could've ran around to one side and looked for an opening to run thru or an open TE/WR a few yards down field, or thrown the ball away when he's out of the pocket. Come back from commercial to see Whitmer/Delo out there. We did what Tulane did, try running up the middle and barely got the ball in Max's chest before two defenders gobble him up. 2 easy points.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Need to be able to run out of our own end zone without gimmicks. It's not on Diaco. That was a lack of execution of a simple play. There isn't much to coach there.

Could he have run a quick slant, sure. But if there is a bread and butter play on this team, I've yet to see it. Every move seems to come with a equal chance of disaster.

Reaction Score
Yeah definitely not sending Foxx out there to receive his first snap from center on the 1 yard line. And you don't want him sitting in shotgun almost forcing him to pass. I was thinking the entire TV timeout that they better come out and sneak the ball to gain a yard or two to alleviate pressure. If they wanted to go with a slight gimmick they could have put Foxx in motion and faked an end around/wr sweep, and handed off to claxx. That personally would have been my choice he it would have been a short hand off and it would have given the D something to be aware of on the edge, therefore softening the middle a little bit. But despite that Subbabub is right its not on Diaco. It starts with Foxx needing to fair catch the ball. The O line needs to get a push. They need to change the snap count.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The play call was abysmal. The announcers even said there were 9 in the box. I muttered to myself on the couch before it happened that there would be a safety. Why can't this team do the same dink and dunk throws that Montana was doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom