The sad state of BC hoops | The Boneyard

The sad state of BC hoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Almost enough to make me feel bad for BC. Wow.

No.

60200317.jpg

Reaction Score
Damn, my U10 basketball team lost the regional basketball championship game last night and looked better than this guy...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
And the 30 for 30 show about the late 1970's point shaving scandal is airing on ESPNU right now. Talk about piling on.

You have to specifically ID the BS College point shaving scandals because there have been so many of them, in different sports.

Reaction Score
That's just sad. For as much as I hate programs like BC, Duke, and Syracuse, I'll always feel for the actual players. It must be gut-wrenching to have something you pour your heart and soul into reduced to a punchline. I wish him success professionally.

Reaction Score
Almost sounds like a different version of Hungry Husky.

Reaction Score
That damn school surviving from ACC money the others schools are bringing in because they are not bringing in Sh...

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I do feel for the players, but the really sad part is that they are securely in the ACC while we wallow in the AAC!

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Only guy I feel bad for is their head coach. That guy inherited a crop of second tier Ivy League players. Lol.

Even though Miller came from Cornell. :cool:

Reaction Score
That's just sad. For as much as I hate programs like BC, Duke, and Syracuse, I'll always feel for the actual players. It must be gut-wrenching to have something you pour your heart and soul into reduced to a punchline. I wish him success professionally.
why... this is about the players losing. it's not on anyone else.
players caught up in a coach cheating or the uconn apr is a completely different issue. in those cases they are held responsible for others actions.
BC sucking so bad it gets national attention? priceless!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hope the whole BC Athletic Department gets implicated on some charge and forced to shut down
What they did to UConn when they left the BE will always stay with me.
BC deserves to be in a pro sport city who doesn't give two schitz about that college

Reaction Score
They cost us too much in the CR fiasco. Just way too much. Can't feel sorry for them in any way, shape or form, even if it's players who were never involved.
You know you can root against BC and have animus for their administrators yet still have empathy for kids that play basketball there.

Reaction Score
You know you can root against BC and have animus for their administrators yet still have empathy for kids that play basketball there.

You're right, but my animus far outweighs any sense of empathy where BC is concerned. No ill will towards the players - I just want them to lose every game they play for their school & administrators' sake.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why? Seriously.

Reaction Score
Why? Seriously.
What's the productive purpose of our/your schadenfreude?
I'm was 'rooting' for it and hoping that BC would go 0-fer in BBall (and football), but now that they have I'm not happy that the kids that played there are miserable. The BC admins behaved poorly, put their school/teams in a bad position and now are facing the consequences and deservedly so. It is no coincidence that their hockey teams that are in normal northeastern leagues are both doing well. Anyway I don't think anyone who plays there is in any way complicit in the conference alignment hypocrisy & betrayal that happened 13 freekin' years ago when some of these players were 5 years old.

And my rooting for BC to fail has nothing to do with BC failing or not, so I think its human to think the following: "Hmm, rooting against BC may or may not have an extremely minor effect on my life and may or may not help UConn get into a better conference someday, but in the meanwhile someone's real every day life is definitely negatively impacted by that $hitshow. I feel bad for those people."
Also BTW having empathy or writing about it on a message board isn't likely to impact conference realignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom